Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddub
    replied
    Saw a Stude pock up in the last episode.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    I have not yet viewed some of the earlier episodes, but I have been enjoying the series that covered the 1970s-1990s. I realize not all of my favorite artists can be covered in the series, but I was a bit surprised that I saw no mention of Eddie Rabbitt. He had a large number of hit songs in the late 1970s through the mid 1980s, plus he wrote 'Kentucky Rain' for Elvis Presley which I believe was Elvis' last big hit song.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by earthtechy View Post
    I saw a Stude in the background of Loretta Lynn’s farm.
    And possibly one in Bakersfield making a right turn in the Buck Owens segment.

Leave a comment:

• earthtechy
    replied
    I saw a Stude in the background of Loretta Lynn’s farm.

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    A great Ken Burns series as always , A lot of great stories , Ed

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    My wife and I are really enjoying this series as well. Surprising how many of the featured artists had really messed up lives. Maybe that is what inspired their art.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Several members of my family and a number of friends have been enjoying this series. Not a fan of today's country at all, but I love the history and culture of early country. The first night's broadcast I was pleased to see they didn't skip over "Gid Tanner and His Skillet-Lickers", a seminal group of players in the early days when music was regional. The series has been quite in-depth in my opinion, and will be a classic resource of Americana for future generations and very entertaining for todays viewers. I've also noticed threads on many forums devoted to discussing this series in my daily reading - music forums, hot rodding forums, political blogs, and now here.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Watching episode 5 currently. I'm taping them so I have time to watch each episode's entire length.

Not a true country music fan but do have favorite artists. Not only enjoyable but puts the history in more perspective than anything previously.

I also now know what the call letters of WSB, WLS & WSM stand for.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I am a part time country music fan but his show is top notch, and all the songs on it are top of the heap. The stories of the people are fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    started a topic Country Music by Ken Burns

Country Music by Ken Burns

Have been a fan of Ken Burns since his Civil War series. He has a way of telling a story that no one else seems to be able to do. He has done it again with his series titled "Country Music". Even if you are not a fan of this type of music, it is an interesting story and always hits a cord with its emotion and depth.

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/country-music
Working...
X