X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker At Eagles Camp - UPDATE 2

Andrew (Andy) Studebaker
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

I gotta hand it to you Don - you have covered all the bases in making this years International Meet as great as it could possibly be. I only wish that I could make it, but alas, it is not to be.

Perhaps Studebaker International or one of our other fine vendors will jump on the (Andy) Studebaker bandwagon and have replica Eagles jerseys available with #53 Studebaker on the back? (hint hint! )

Pat

55 Commander
    58 Transtar
    62 GT Hawk
    66 Cruiser

Comment

Pat, that's a great idea!!!! I saw him yesterday in that jersey and Studebaker runs across the entire top of it and his shoulders are really broad. If he does make the team look for the jerseys in Lancaster.[}][}]

Comment

Almost too bad the Seahawks didn't draft Andy.
        Then he could have been a Studebaker seaHAWK[:0]
        (Bad puns are good puns...sorry)
        Jeff[8D]

PS: Wheaton College was Billy Grahams' University (1940-3), and has quite a proud heritage.
        http://www.wheaton.edu/bgc/archives/archhp1.html

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I bet this is the kid I alway's saw playing ball on YouTube......after I typed in a search for Studebaker

How about the young couple that just got married (Mr. Mrs Studebaker)will they be in attendance too?

Chop Stu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

One of the reasons that he was chosen by the Eagles was that they noticed him via two different YOU TUBE Tapes. One of the tapes was done at the suggestion of his agent and the other was done by an independent company of some type. He had no idea that they were interested in him until the phone rang and they informed him that they were getting ready to draft him. This kid is real and down to earth. As he likes to say, "He's just a small town country boy." The couple getting married in the picture is one of his older brothers. Don't know if they will be there or not.

Comment

I must apologize in advance for this one.......

He could join the Navy and become Commander Studebaker[xx(]

Comment

Or he could get married and be under the marital thumb of a Studebaker Dictator[}]
                Badumpching!
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

I must apologize in advance for this one.......
                He could join the Navy and become Commander Studebaker[xx(]
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

At the current time the afternoon session has just started. The forecast and the radar show a severe storm on the way so before it's over with this afternoon he may be "Commander Studebaker" I am sure last year at Wheaton, he was known as Captain Studebaker Remember him? He was a regular feature in the Keystone Keynotes until the illustrator Neil Smith retired from drawing him.

Comment

Andy got through the second day very well and is quickly becoming a fan and media favorite. He graced the small screens for several local channels yesterday including two of the Philly stations. Fans are clamoring for his autograph and he willing signs for them. Only one practice session today and it will be a wet one. While the rain has stopped the ground is soaked and due point is still in the 60's with a temp in the low 80's so overall a wet day. Veterans have to b in camp this afternoon by 5 and the first full team practice is in the morning. First full pads day is Saturday. Andy seems full of enthusiasm and is all over the field. Took most reps yesterday as a LB but some as a DE also. He saw several Studebaker hats in the crowd yesterday and just smiled. Hope to have a bigger Studebaker crowd there next week.

Comment

Sounds like the young man is down to earth and knows the historical nature of his name and appreciates it, as well as taking the whole experience in stride.

I just wonder......if he makes it.....should I get ready to make T-shirts? Get ready SDC store!!!
                      If the man is good, I expect some club exposure, In the way of google searches, from those who don't know. It couldn't hurt

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Here's a direct quote off of the Eagles website Blog

"I wish I could tell you Andy Studebaker was playing to date, but without contact and without pads, I have no idea. He moves well and he plays fast, but I have to believe he is swimming mentally a lot. Good prospect, great kid and someone the Eagles really want to work with."

All that have been around him really like him. The practice today was inside so off limits to the public. Tomorrow since the veterans return to the practice field are also off limits and closed to the public. It will be very interesting to see how well he does against the veterans especially in pads. It'd be nice to get a bunch of Studebaker guys together go to a practice with both hats and shirts on showing support for a Studebaker.

If indeed he does make the team it'd be good to have shirts with his #53 in both Eagle Green and White & Green

Comment

Here's an update from yesterday at Eagles Camp. Practice was moved inside due to very soggy fields caused by 4" of rain on Wednesday evening. Since it was inside it was CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. No word or site of Andy Studebaker after practice. Also veterans arrived in camp yesterfay afternoon so there was only one practice session.

Today, there is also one practice session this afternoon. It is basically a fitness test for the Veterans and is also closed to the public.

Tomorrow the real fun begins as it is a full two session day. All player will be on the field in full pads and will be hitting and hitting hard. Hopefully Andy Studebaker will hold his own and get noticed. Making plays is the name of the game for the next week or so.

Here's a link to pictures from Wednesday's practice where Andy had a stellar day.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ph...ection_id=1431

Comment

Today's update from the Eagles camp on Andy Studebaker is a . Yesterday because of the weather, only one outside session was held and Andy held his own against the first string offensive line and team. Most of his reps were at LineBacker which is of course is new to him. Today in the morning session he was getting the majority of the play at LineBacker where he was again holding his own. The Eagles Coaching staff are high on Studebaker as they like his additude, physical ability, speed and athletic ability. The one drawback is that he is playing a totally new postion and needs to continue to improve as camp goes forward. The Eagles are also giving him reps as a long snapper but on the depth chart he is a distant 3rd for this role. Yesterday was the first special teams session and again Andy was very visable on the field.

If you live within a day's drive of the Lehigh Valley think about a trip to the Lehigh University South Campus and Eagles Camp. I am sure if you appear in a Studebaker shirt and hat Andy will spot you and appreciate the encouragement. The afternoon seesion is underway now so if there is new it will be here tomorrow. Eagles two-a-day sessions start at 0815 and 1445 promptly if you decide to come.

Comment

As mentioned elsewhere the Eagles played the Steelers Friday night in Pittsburgh. Our own Andy Studebaker saw a great deeal of action after the first quarter. He was very prominent on the field when the defense or special teams were on the field. His $53 is that of a Line Backer but he also can play DE (which he was in College) and did on Friday. As a 6th round draft choice he has to hussle to make the team. Apparently he played pretty well but only time will tell. Eagles are now back in Camp at lehigh University through Thursday this week and then back to Philly. Word is that the Coaching staff likes our Andy but the real key is will they keep 6 LB's? His best chance to make the team is as a Special Teams player. he has the sped and the size so he will continue to play a lot in the pre-season. The Eagles play again this weekend so look for #53 on the field and it will be our own ANDY STUDEBAKER.

Comment

Working...
                              X