CASH or CREDIT CARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
    I always have, and will continue to, carry a couple hundred dollars in cash with me. Why? Cash speaks to people in ways that credit cards and checks can't. I travel, a lot, for my work. I like to hit yard/garage/estate sales and for the most part they are cash only. As an example; a recent stop in metro Minneapolis I stopped at a yard sale and scored a Tasco night vision monocular for $25. And last month while in LA, I stopped at a "swap meet", known elsewhere as a flea market, and got a 50's vintage neon Schlitz beer light, that works, for $45. The asking price on both was higher, but when you're standing in front of someone with cash in your hand.......

As the old saying goes, "money talks and BS walks".
    Another reason in your location is Hurricans. In West palm beach during the Wilma storm, credit cards did not work for many days and buying anything required cash. All my "we only use the card" friends borrowed cash from me. They now keep some cash on hand. Just my experience,
    Murray
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I got rid of my credit cards over a decade ago, and never looked back. Only once was cash refused (at first), but to make the sale the 3 salesmen made change for my stack of hundred dollar bills by going through all their wallets and desks.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

.... only cash talks when the electricity goes out
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          .... only cash talks when the electricity goes out
          Actually, that did happen to me in the bar one time when the power suddenly went out. Most everyone already had paid for their drinks in cash when they got served, but when the power was out for something like ten minutes or more with no evidence of it coming back on right away, the staff directed all the customers to 'drink up' and exit, where the staff then locked the doors, explaining it was security and liability issues as to why they had to take such action (No emergency lighting present in the halls or the washrooms). Turns out the power was off for a good two hours due to a fierce windstorm in the area.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X