No announcement yet.

The New C8 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very funny, especially the comments from those who don't get it.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I just go done reading that there will be two C8 Corvettes on display at Corvettes at Carlisle at the Chevy tent. The big Corvette bash at Carlisle is August 22 through the 25th.

John S.

Comment

I am absolutely in love with the new Corvette C8. Sometime next year I will offering up a multi concours winning 1964 Avanti R2 for sale.
        Mike
        Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

A mid-engined sports car which has more than enough performance in base trim than 99.9% of drivers can effectively manage for $60K?

One thing that matters is my sons LOVE it.
          The younger kid "built" one on their website, with only no-cost options and I looked terrific. Changing the contrasting accents to body-color cleans it up quite a bit. I look forward to seeing what it can do.
          Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Silver plate: What is the name of the color that graces your 1964 Avanti ? It looks to be the same color paint that is i on my 1966 Chevelle.

John S.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBird View Post
              I'm sorry but it looks like something that would of come from the design studios at NASH if they were still around.
              I agree. Your description fits, in my opinion
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Hey, don't bash Nash. (no pun intended).

I agree the styling is poor. Very busy. Perhaps the buying public will disagree.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Packard53 View Post
                  Silver plate: What is the name of the color that graces your 1964 Avanti ? It looks to be the same color paint that is i on my 1966 Chevelle.
                  According to the latest issue of Motor Trend, Corvette is now taking Porsche's idea of offering infinite color choices for exterior color, seat & seatbelt colors, and the disc brake caliper colors. I suspect Corvette has a 'Paint to Sample' choice like Porsche's, so one will be able to have a brand new C8 in a color that matches their Avanti. Like Porsche, I imagine the buyer will have to pay the price for that privilege.

Craig

Comment

Too busy for my taste. Glad they are building mid engine. I have not seen one in person yet though. It really is a low priced car for what it is. For the money I'd like a Lotus but I'm not sure how well I can get in and out of an Elise though. Maybe an Evora.

Comment

I went to Corvettes Carlisle on August 22 and had a blast. Chevy came to Carlisle with around twelve C8 prototypes with most being driven in from Detroit. Seeing them in person I think they are a great looking car. I think they have the styling of the C7 ZR1 in the front and Camaro in the back and the side styling of the La Ferrari around the rear air intakes. From a car test on Cnet some months ago testing a C7 Corvette against the Evora the C7 pretty much out performed the Evora in most phases of the test done. The Erova is a real nice looking car but with a price tag of well over $100,000 I believe.

John S.

Comment

Yeah, never knew what an evora cost. I doubt too many vettes will sell for much south of 100K.

Comment

Working...
                        X