Train Wreck in Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Wreck in Nevada

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/brand-new-jeep-gladiators-and-chevy-silverados-destroyed-after-train-derails-in-nevada/ar-AAEbqlI?li=BBnb4R5

I hope nobody out west was waiting for their new Jeep or Silverado.
    Bill
    Last edited by showbizkid; 07-12-2019, 12:44 PM. Reason: Duplication

Force of the wreck was strong enough to remove the rear wheel from this truck... Makes one wonder how much insurance will be paying out when the dust settles.

Comment

Clean up in isle 1..... I have worked several R.R. Hazmat clean up sites...... Since I live on the Great Lakes I was always glade I never was called to a ship wreck. Just think how long that pick up mess could be! Sherm / Green Bay 63R10898

Comment

That's a hell of a derailment - 32 auto racks sideways and laying on the access road side-by-side like sausages in plastic. Bad news for the UP.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

At 50 Large for either the Jeep or Silverado, I can safely say that I don't have to worry about one of those being my truck

Bob Miles
          Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

A little bit of polishing compound and some Turtle Wax and they'll be good as new.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Reminds me of when I sold new cars at a Chrysler dealer. There was a guy anxiously waiting for a fairly long time for his new Chrysler. We had to tell him that there was a set-back becuase his car burned up on the transport train in the Albany, NY area. He said that he saw coverage of the train fire on the news, but didn't think of his car being involved. At least he knew that we were not making up a story to justify the delay in delivery.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's modern stuff... No big loss!

Comment

I hope the battery hold downs stayed secured.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                    Force of the wreck was strong enough to remove the rear wheel from this truck... Makes one wonder how much insurance will be paying out when the dust settles.

Patrick, I've wondered about that photo ever since I saw it. Look closely and you see that both trucks, the one on the ground and the one on top of it, appear to have their temporary spare tires installed on the RF...to say nothing of the truck with the missing RR tire.

'Can't help but wonder why they have temporary spares on the RF before the wreckage was cleaned up.... BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      'Can't help but wonder why they have temporary spares on the RF before the wreckage was cleaned up.... BP
                      Bob - I wonder if the this is the modern day equivalent of not putting hubcaps on vehicles 60 years ago - nice stuff gets installed at the dealer? Truck on the ground has a steel wheel on the back as well.

Comment

Bob,
                        There might also be a substantial difference in diameter which might make packaging the vehicles easier, especially seeing as these are all really tall trucks.Say perhaps they install four space savers off 4 different trucks on one truck to make it lower. Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X