No announcement yet.

Finished my latest (non-Stude) project today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your insight Dick. I was bench-racing in my own head which of the two cars would be better. I have always wanted to build a sports car with a good 'ol american V-8 backed with a stick. I started but never finished a 510 with a SBC and Saginaw 4spd that had mucho engine set-back...then graduated to gathering parts to convert my 240Z to a SBC backed with a T5 but that plan went south when I got the opportunity to get my Dad's '54 coupe. The SBC ended up in my brother's 66 Acadian Canso and the T5 in my Stude and the 240 went to a new home. Anyways, the result of my mental bench racing pretty much paralleled with your comments. When the time comes that you have to choose which one stays and which one goes I betting on the Porsche going to a new owner and the B sticking around. BTW...that photo of the MG by the water is stunning. cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

IMHO, the 240Z was one of the prettiest cars ever made. One with a SBC has always been on my bucket list. Of course, a 54 Stude coupe is also one of the prettiest. A hard choice. But with the family history on the side of the Stude, a much easier decision.

Here's a short video of the B on an acceleration run. (I need to do the same for the 914...maybe the same road). I had just "finished" the B and had not installed the rev limiter yet. It wound up so quickly in low gear that I thought I might overspeed the motor if I did a first gear start. So in this video, I got i rolling in low, then shifted to 2nd and got on it. I'm shifting to 4th right before the camera person (my grandson).

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Your 914 is absolutely awesome! Out of all the cars I've owned my '72 914 is one I miss the most. On a side note my second favorite was a '68 Karmann Ghia that I put a Porsche 914 2.0 liter in.

Comment

Once you get used to the 914 you'll throw rocks at the b (lovely though it is) as far as handling.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
          X