Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article on Social Media

Uh-oh; here goes the SDC Forum!

Just kidding, but there are certainly good points to be made in this short article. IMHO, #6 is the best, as we rue the decline in real-life interaction at Swap Meets and such:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90356260...ist-could-help
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Can't get it to come up and stay, it pops up for about a second and then goes blank. Bill

Comment

I have not subscribed to social media for many reasons. Partly because of privacy issues. Partly because of the presence of bad actors spreading rubbish. Partly because I already have a busy life and I choose not to cram anything else that I deem unnecessary into it. I know a number of people who have opted out after discovering there was really nothing worthwhile to glean from social media. I harbor no bad feelings toward those who hold an opposite view. They have found a way to make it a part of their life and get something worthwhile out of it.
      I think the points made in the article are good suggestions for those who participate. Keeping social media civil, factual and neighborly would keep it useful and relevant.
      Last edited by Commander Eddie; 06-17-2019, 01:07 PM. Reason: Added thoughts
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Interesting article.
        Does not mention manners, or the lack of.
        What will be interesting is the responses here.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          I have not subscribed to social media for many reasons. Partly because of privacy issues. Partly because of the presence of bad actors spreading rubbish. Partly because I already have a busy life and I choose not to cram anything else that I deem unnecessary into it. I know a number of people who have opted out after discovering there was really nothing worthwhile to glean from social media. I harbor no bad feelings toward those who hold an opposite view. They have found a way to make it a part of their life and get something worthwhile out of it.
          I think the points made in the article are good suggestions for those who participate. Keeping social media civil, factual and neighborly would keep it useful and relevant.
          Agree with Ed. Am too old to spend time doing anything that subtracts from the time I spend doing things that I want to do (cars to restore, beer to drink, books to read . . ..)
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X