This doesn't look good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This doesn't look good...

Fire on an HBO movie set destroys a dozen-odd later-model collectables...OUCH!

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/1...F0AF396883F7AA

(...takes a minute to load the story; be patient...)
    Thank goodness they weren't trying to replicate a Studebaker dealership...although we wouldn't wish this on anyone.
    If you watch the embedded video, the audio gives you a frightening exposure to how loud a major fire can be.

And a later, related story from the gentleman who had supplied the vehicles under contract with the producers:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/h...F0AF396883F7AA

UGH all around. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 05-10-2019, 06:46 AM. Reason: added the note about audio and related report
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Not my favorites but still a sad loss to us car guys. Jamie Kitman has been involved in the automobile magazine industry for years. I even owned a couple of those old "Wally Wagons".
    Bill

Comment

Didn't Chevy use Studebaker engines just before they went bankrupt?
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

That's really sad. I know a lot of us don't think of cars from 1990 as being "collectible", but that's 30 years now... not to mention what looked to be a historic dealer showroom and the outdoor GM signage

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          That's really sad. I know a lot of us don't think of cars from 1990 as being "collectible", but that's 30 years now... not to mention what looked to be a historic dealer showroom and the outdoor GM signage
          Right, Clark; the information indicates it was currently a used car dealership building that had been made over with period signage and showroom materials to look like a new-car dealership...which I bet it was a long time ago, when originally built. So lots of memorabilia was lost in addition to the cars. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Such a shame to see how a 'pre-bankruptcy' GM dealership looked with all the cars and period paperwork destroyed like that!! I realize 1990 is not 'old' in most people's minds, but its nice to be reminded that Oldsmobile and Pontiac had major industry presence at one time.

Craig

Comment

Update:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pou...amp/3679639002
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X