Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a gas station attached to me: 69 Charger Promo Vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtbaQL8K9Y

You know, I just WON'T watch a video unless you tell us what's going on.... Your endorsement and posting is not enough.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The title says it all 69 Dodge Charger promo....
      Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      You know, I just WON'T watch a video unless you tell us what's going on.... Your endorsement and posting is not enough.

Comment

That model was one step before the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona with the wing and nose cone.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it

Murray
          Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Love Bud Lindemann. My Brother and I used to try to come up with "Budisms" back in the day. and when Car & Track was rerun on the Speed Channel ten or more years back, we were both elated. He was from the Grand Rapids, MI area, and had the kind of dry Midwestern Humor and knack for one-liners they just don't make anymore.

Comment

While in college in 1969 my friend Artie purchased a new Plymouth Road Runner 383 with 727 Torque Flight Trans.
              That was my second year in college and thought I was "hot stuff' with my Avanti. The first time I went for a "ride" in that RR I knew that I would never ever "run" Artie with my car..........I have never seen such acceleration in a car.......he would just put the trans in "D" and stomp the pedel to the floor.......I felt like the "G" force would kill me.............no way I was about to embarrass myself in a run with his car and my Avanti.:-(

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfkpyzlGxw

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                  While in college in 1969 my friend Artie purchased a new Plymouth Road Runner 383 with 727 Torque Flight Trans.
                  That was my second year in college and thought I was "hot stuff' with my Avanti. The first time I went for a "ride" in that RR I knew that I would never ever "run" Artie with my car..........I have never seen such acceleration in a car.......he would just put the trans in "D" and stomp the pedel to the floor.......I felt like the "G" force would kill me.............no way I was about to embarrass myself in a run with his car and my Avanti.:-(
                  I owned several 383s and 440s, both new and used. I felt that they were good performers for their time. A friend of mine, whose father owned a Chrysler dealership, had some VERY impressive (to me) cars. He had a new 1967 GTX with a 426 hemi and a new 1969 (?) Road Runner with the 440 six pack. I was in that 440 six pack going from zero to 100 plus. It really pulled and set you back in the seat.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The first car I helped my Dad buy was a 1967 Belvedere II Silver Streak Special with the 383 4 Bbl HP. My mother, used to driving a Corvair, punched this car to pass a farm implement with me standing in the front seat (before car seats, I would have been 4 or 5). I ended up plastered against the back seat, and she had to pull over to collect herself. She was forever scared of the car after that, and forced my Dad to trade it for a mundane Chevy Wagon a few months later.

This was the birth of my pre-1998 (Only) love for Mopars.

Comment

My first experience with MOPAR muscle was in 1967. My uncle Billy came home from Vietnam and bought a 65 Sport Fury with the 426 street wedge. Sweet ground pounding lord, that car was impressive to a 10 year old. Burn the tires forever it seemed. Even tho my first 2 cars were Chevy's, after that I had mostly MOPARS. Fastest factory one would be the 69 1/2 Super Bee with the 440 6 Pak I guess. Had others since that were built, including the 74 Dart I have currently with a built 360. Dyno'd at 497 hp on pump gas, will run low 11's in the quarter on drag radials, with the 3.73 gears it carries, without really hammering it off the line.
                      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

I'll admit, I was very impressed with the performance of the Hemi in 1969. I wonder if that particular car in the video survives as it is very well equipped.

He raves about it doing 0-30 in 2.8 seconds. The current Dodge Demon does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. He also raves about the 1/4 mile in 'under 14 seconds', while the Demon is under ten seconds. Technology has come a long way in 50 years!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
                          My first experience with MOPAR muscle was in 1967. My uncle Billy came home from Vietnam and bought a 65 Sport Fury with the 426 street wedge. Sweet ground pounding lord, that car was impressive to a 10 year old. Burn the tires forever it seemed. Even tho my first 2 cars were Chevy's, after that I had mostly MOPARS. Fastest factory one would be the 69 1/2 Super Bee with the 440 6 Pak I guess. Had others since that were built, including the 74 Dart I have currently with a built 360. Dyno'd at 497 hp on pump gas, will run low 11's in the quarter on drag radials, with the 3.73 gears it carries, without really hammering it off the line.
                          In 1965, I bought a new 1965 Sport Fury with the hipo 383 and four speed. There was also a '65 with the 426 wedge in the area. It seems that I could beat it to the point that the guy wanted to trade cars with me. I wouldn't do it. I think that I was about even with the 409 Chevrolet in the area. I kept that Sport Fury for nine months and 27K miles before I traded it on my new 1966 Charger.

My friend's new 440 six pack was one of the fastest street cars that I was in during that time. It was in a league with another friend that dealt in Corvettes and took me out in some limited production big block Corvettes.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            I'll admit, I was very impressed with the performance of the Hemi in 1969. I wonder if that particular car in the video survives as it is very well equipped.

He raves about it doing 0-30 in 2.8 seconds. The current Dodge Demon does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. He also raves about the 1/4 mile in 'under 14 seconds', while the Demon is under ten seconds. Technology has come a long way in 50 years!!

Craig
                            I agree that cars have come a long way, however, some of the difference is in the tires. It was hard to hook up those skinny bias ply tires.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Someone a long time ago quipped....."there is no substitute for cubic inches"
                              Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              I agree that cars have come a long way, however, some of the difference is in the tires. It was hard to hook up those skinny bias ply tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X