Is Your Car For Sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
    Happy Anniversary Gary. Is Cathy back home?

Denny L
    No - Cathy is in assisted living. I have not been well, but I go there every day.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      No - Cathy is in assisted living. I have not been well, but I go there every day.
      Your dedication is admirable and a good indication of a great marriage! I hope you and Cathy get to feeling better.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

In the past couple of days I was asked about my Acura a couple of different times. The last one was a bit different. It was a guy that I have seen, but never met. He approached me and said that he liked my Acura and the condition that it is in. He then asked me to let him know when I decide to sell it. I thought that this was a polite way to broach the subject. I gave him sort of a curt response by saying that he is about number 50 in line. It was a quick response and I later thought that I should have been more polite. I guess that I am just getting worn down on this subject. He did cause me to do something. To me, the car was dirty, so when I got home I wiped it down with a Kozak cloth. Then it looked more normal, to me.

We were approached once about the PT Cruiser in the past week. He didn't want to buy it, but was amazed that it was a 2001 model. It also was quite dirty, by my standards, and got wiped down with a Kozak cloth when I got it home.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Well there are Tons of PT Cruisers out there, but an Acura COUPE must be something Rare.
          Wouldn't want one as a gift due to all the expensive "Electronics" waiting to fail, but some people do.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Never heard of Kozak cloth before. Looked it up and it has been around for years and has good reviews. Bought one.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Well there are Tons of PT Cruisers out there, but an Acura COUPE must be something Rare.
              Wouldn't want one as a gift due to all the expensive "Electronics" waiting to fail, but some people do.
              At least around here, there are a rapidly decreasing number of PT Cruisers on the road, and certainly not many in the condition of ours. Keep in mind that they were last built seven years ago and the last years were just a small quantity of the base model, mostly for rental and fleet use.

Ours was ordered on the first day that special orders could go in. We waited a long time and ours was the first delivered in this area. It is a Limited Edition model plus extras. It is now more than 17 years old and has less than 50K miles on it.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                Never heard of Kozak cloth before. Looked it up and it has been around for years and has good reviews. Bought one.
                I have used them since the early 1970s. Mine has been used for pre-show wipe downs on many Studebakers and Avantis. The one that I recently used I purchased in the 1970s. Do not wash it. I also do not use it on the windshield because it may leave a film. I first learned of it when I was working part time in a restoration shop.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I guess a sign of Spring - I drove into a Mavis. Before I got in, a technician came out to my Acura and asked if I would sell it. I just gave a simple "No". Then he went on to say how great it looked, etc. Just that day I was thinking that I needed to take some time and clean up the Acura a little, so I went home and Kozak'd it off to make it appear better to me.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Happy anniversary friend!

As for the car, just cut people off at it’s not for sale. Even if that means being short with them. I think a lot of times people ask, especially older people, hoping that they won’t know what they have and they will be able to steal it. Nuts with anybody who isn’t bringing positive energy to your life. Life is too short.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      Happy anniversary friend!

As for the car, just cut people off at it’s not for sale. Even if that means being short with them. I think a lot of times people ask, especially older people, hoping that they won’t know what they have and they will be able to steal it. Nuts with anybody who isn’t bringing positive energy to your life. Life is too short.
                      Thanks for the good wishes. Our 56th anniversary is on the 29th.
                      I have found that a simple "No" works best.
                      I agree with your philosophy. I have enough on my plate just now.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X