1963 R1, 4speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 R1, 4speed

Just completed a total restoration of a 1963, R1 4Speed. This car was red with a red interior. Needed at least paint and upholstery. Turned into a bigger and more involved job then I had planned. I saw the orange interior at a spring South bend meet and was hooked on the new color scheme. Just had to go with it. I was even able to find NOS orange /black carpet from a posting on this forum from way back in 2012. What Luck! The car will be shown this July at the Concourse of America at St. John's in Plymouth, MI.
    Attached Files

A friend in the Hamilton chapt. Has a 64 done white with orange interior Nice color scheme His is a R-2 power shift.

Comment

What a nice restoration of your 1963 Avanti!....Awesome companion car for your President Speedster.

(and 'nice going' not making the mistake of 'blacking out' the radiator inner air scoop area! )

Comment

Ed,
        When I finished the Speedster, I told myself (and others) that it would be my last restoration project. Somewhere along the way I picked up another bout of "Studebaker Disease" and ended up with the Avanti. I think I'm "cured" at least for the moment. When I finished the Speedster, I told the upholstery shop that I used that it would be my LAST project. They laughed. After we finished the Avanti interior, I told them if they see me coming back again to LOCK THE DOOR.

Comment

That's a beautiful restoration. You can't stop now.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Excellent restoration. Incidentally, restorations ALWAYS get more involved than planned, but the results are worth the effort.

Comment

Very nice! How about sharing some interior photos?
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

interior

Ok, here's a couple of interior shots
                Attached Files

Comment

I am honestly FLOORED....what a gorgeous interior!!

Comment

I'm actually colored blind...I told the upholsterer to do the interior in totally beige. How did he do???

Just kidding of course.

Thanks to all for the kind compliments. I will be bringing the Avanti to South Bend in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                    X