55 commander deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 commander deluxe

I am a new member to sdc but I grew up around Studebaker and reading my father's turning wheels!I was lucky enough to finally buy back one of my father's Studebakers! it has been in storage since 1981! He sold it shortly before he passed away at 39 years old I have been trying to buy it every year since I got my license at 16!. So in November my dream came true I now own a 55_commander inprima red with a black top! I will prob be asking for a lot of info in the next few months so thanks for having this forum I follow it everday

Wow, great story Kevin. Good to have you on the forum - welcome! Post some pictures when you get a chance.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Kevin, welcome aboard the Forum. You should get your questions answered here. My first car was a '55 Commander Coupe that my dad had fixed up. I sure wish I could get that car back, but it is long gone. It will be a fun car for you to drive and enjoy.
      I currently own a '55 President 4-door sedan. Not quite as cool, perhaps, as the coupe, but it is a blast.
      Do post photos. We love 'em.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Did you buy it from my cousin, George Howard in Gasport? My '55 was bought from his nephew in Lockport and it was Junior [George] who drove it over the border from Canada. A lot of my family lives or lived in Lockport
        \

Comment

Yes I bought it from George he was always happy to talk Studebaker when I saw him over the years!when I saw him and offered to sell me the car I couldn't believe it!i He told me all about driving your car back from Canada!Don't worry the cars in good hands it will be brought back to life from the ground up!

Comment

He told me all about driving your car back from Canada!

yeah- his nephew couldn't drive a stick so 'logically' instead of buying the coupe you have-- an automatic--he bought a stick from Hamilton he never drove and Junior had to drive it over. Knowing now what I know about my car I told him I was surprised he made it. He still have the '64 Daytona?

Comment

He still has the Daytona he sold the avanti I think 2 years ago! He told me all about your car I grew up a few blocks from where your car was in the garage for years according to George.one day years back I stopped there and was told the car was sold a couple weeks before! I was always holding out hoping George would sell me the 55 to get it back in the family! Is your car up and running now?

Comment

Is your car up and running now?

yep-- but it's had its share of problems and a huge amount of things I've had to redo from when it had been restored, and sitting in my cousins garage for 13 years didn't help much
                I guess Juniors waiting for me to come get that Daytona cause he knows my wifey just loves that car lol

Comment

here's my coupe, Kevin
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad to hear u got it going !mine needs a lot sitting 35 years didn't help it at all! I haven't done anything to it yet I've just been making the shopping list!lol. I'm hoping to start on it this weekend! As far as the Daytona he said that's not going anywhere for now I tried the day we flatbeded mine home!lol he just laughed.The body is still real good but front brakes froze up and interior really dried out! Not sure on motor yet

Comment

I think all he said the Daytona needs is wheel cylinders but I couldn't tell u last time he had it on the road It still looks good

Comment

For some reason I can't open the picture of yours but I will figure it out lol

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Kevin!

Apparently the two of you "emailing" back and forth here, know the Car but for the rest of us, just WHAT Body Style IS this Red and Black '55 Commander Deluxe?

2 Door Sedan (F), 4 Door Sedan (W), 2 Door Wagon (D), Coupe (C) or Hardtop (K)?
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

a c-3 coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X