Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wilcoxgarage '65 Studebaker Commander

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wilcoxgarage '65 Studebaker Commander

    Here's one I recently bought from a gentleman nearby. Mostly original, with one repaint years ago. The only thing I've done is change wheels/tires and lower it. Oh, and drive it every day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wilcoxgarage; 12-30-2015, 12:42 PM. Reason: no picture

  • #2
    Beautiful stance on that car! What did you specifically do to lower it?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the Laguna Blue Color and it has my favorite narrow stainless down the side.
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

      Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Studeous View Post
        I like the Laguna Blue Color and it has my favorite narrow stainless down the side.
        Thanks, I like the trim too. Simple but looks great with the body line.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Beautiful stance on that car! What did you specifically do to lower it?
          It really is all about the stance and wheels isn't it? I cut 2 full coils in front and installed 3" blocks in the rear. I drove it for a few weeks at stock ride height and with the stock hubcaps on, then switched to the smoothie wheels and dropped it 4-5 inches. The thumbs up the car gets has shifted noticeably to a younger demographic.

          Comment


          • #6
            I really like the plain white wheels with that blue!
            Any rubbing/clearance issues with the front ride height?
            Andy
            62 GT

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
              I really like the plain white wheels with that blue!
              Any rubbing/clearance issues with the front ride height?
              It will rub if I try to turn sharply. I have 225/60-17 on the front and 235/60-17 on the rear. If I went to a 205/60 or 55 on the front it would be better but I'll put up with it because I like the way it looks now.
              Wheels are late model Dorman Chrysler 300 17" x 8" 10 hole steel wheels. Plugged the holes and sanded smooth, primed and painted. Less than $250.00 in all four.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                mopar has little plain button caps for those rims....check out a dodge charger police car when you can...no emblems in the center, just a chrome dot...would look killer on those rims

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
                  mopar has little plain button caps for those rims....check out a dodge charger police car when you can...no emblems in the center, just a chrome dot...would look killer on those rims
                  Thanks for that! I will look. I was definitely wanting to put caps on it but the more I see it without it's kinda growing on me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wilcoxgarage View Post
                    It will rub if I try to turn sharply. I have 225/60-17 on the front and 235/60-17 on the rear. If I went to a 205/60 or 55 on the front it would be better but I'll put up with it because I like the way it looks now.
                    Wheels are late model Dorman Chrysler 300 17" x 8" 10 hole steel wheels. Plugged the holes and sanded smooth, primed and painted. Less than $250.00 in all four.
                    AWESOME!
                    I love that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
                      mopar has little plain button caps for those rims....check out a dodge charger police car when you can...no emblems in the center, just a chrome dot...would look killer on those rims
                      Are these the caps you mean?
                      Attached Files
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X