1956 Studebaker Champion Four Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Studebaker Champion Four Door

Not seeing a lot of cars like this one. Is there a reason? Oh by the way I'm John and I'm new here. First post.

I don't think 1956 production was particularly robust.

I used to find '56s kind of homely, but I came around, and am now quite find of them.
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Welcome John, would like to see some pics. the 56 - 58 Cars are some of the nicest looking ones, pay no attention to the 4 door,6 cylinder nay sayers they're just blowing smoke
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks guys. Hey can you tell me if power steering can be added to this car? I am more wanting to know if there would be brackets to put the power steering on?

Comment

As soon as I figure out that part of the forum adding photo I would love for people to see this car.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John McElfresh; 12-18-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I think power steering was available on Champions,and if so I'd bet the brackets are hard to come by.

Originally posted by John McElfresh View Post
            Thanks guys. Hey can you tell me if power steering can be added to this car? I am more wanting to know if there would be brackets to put the power steering on?
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Welcome John. I remember your car when Jack White owned it. In fact, I even made him a solid offer for the car but he wouldn't take it .
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

r1lark can you tell me more about this car? I am very interested in it's history. The story should not die. Can I call you or do you know how I can get ahold of this person Jack White? Thanks for giving this car life in history. I'm to understand it was a one person owner?

Comment

Originally posted by John McElfresh View Post
                  I'm to understand it was a one person owner?
                  Well.....I guess Jack could have purchased the car when he was about 1 year old......but I doubt it.

I believe the seller 'embellished' the cars history somewhat.

Go here to find Jack's phone number: http://ncsdc.net/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Beyond any other consideration, they were definitely some of the best built cars to ever exit the assembly line.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Passendger_Side Rear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1703087r1lark This came from Georgia look at tag.

Comment

Here are the photos that Jack posted when he got the car in late 2013: https://plus.google.com/photos/10695...Oavpsz3_8qhswE
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

You are correct. This is the car. Do you know any more about it? Did it have problems? What price did he ask for it?

Comment

Jack had it for sale for $3500 for quite a while, and I think it went thru a couple of dealers since then.

I don't know that much about it, did look it over closely but didn't drive it. Call Jack if you want to find out more about it, he is a good guy.
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Spoke with Jack. Great guy. Thanks for hooking me up with him. It means a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X