Beautiful November day to take out the 87 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful November day to take out the 87 Avanti

What a nice day today here in Joliet for being almost mid November. Had some time to do some more work on the 87 Avanti, and take it out for a spin. Sure can tell the difference with it have a more modern GM chassis under it than the 1985 and ealier Avanti's having a Studebaker chassis dating back to the mid 1950s

Nice looking Avanti!....The tu-tone paint 'works'....and the more modern chassis would understandably have its advantages....Enjoy!

Comment

An acquired taste to be sure......mostly faccabrute, so Enzo would say:-(
      Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      Nice looking Avanti!....The tu-tone paint 'works'....and the more modern chassis would understandably have its advantages....Enjoy!

Comment

I thought getting involved with Studebakers "was/is a case of acquired taste" BUT not ugly face

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Enzo, I hope your are not meaning Enzo Ferrari
          Faccabrute you have misspelled . It should be Faccia Bruta meaning ugly face
          Acquired taste . I have been a life long Avanti owner and still admire it"s styling

Bob Caser
          mrbobinc

Comment

Bob I mean the late Avanti 2.......LOL......maybe Enzo said 'faccia de culo'...as to the spelling...we 18th Ave/Dyker Heights Italians..just don;t call me a cugine:-) see and spell things a bit differently......
            Originally posted by Bob Caser View Post
            Enzo, I hope your are not meaning Enzo Ferrari
            Faccabrute you have misspelled . It should be Faccia Bruta meaning ugly face
            Acquired taste . I have been a life long Avanti owner and still admire it"s styling

Bob Caser
            Last edited by Hawklover; 11-13-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Bob I mean the late Avanti 2.......LOL......maybe Enzo said 'faccia de culo'...as to the spelling...we 18th Ave/Dyker Heights Italians..just don;t call me a cugine:-) see and spell things a bit differently......
              Understood, I am just a 1st generation Italian from New Jersey, trying to keep it honest. I do like the car we are looking at here it just needs to be lowered as do most Avanti II's in my opinion

Bob Caser
              mrbobinc

Comment

Bob you need some Italian 'comfort' food to put you in a good frame of mind....how about a good plate of Braciole? Understood, I am just a 1st generation Italian from New Jersey, trying to keep it honest. I do like the car we are looking at here it just needs to be lowered as do most Avanti II's in my opinion

Bob Caser[/QUOTE]

Comment

It might be a good idea for forum members to master the ENGLISH language before attempting to converse in other dialects!

Comment

Interesting thought......as to the mastering of the English language, I have done quite well in that department thank you....having English as a second major in college.....that being said.....my Italian roots never fail me when needed....like when germaine thoughts come to mind....an example...ti faccio un culo cosi ...have a good day sir:-)
                    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    It might be a good idea for forum members to master the ENGLISH language before attempting to converse in other dialects!

Comment

Working...
                    X