X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nels
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    My '63 GT Hawk R2 63V1640 was sold by Roy Tanner Studebaker, Phoenix, AZ to Thomas Schlichting, 246 W Flynn Lane, Phoenix.
    Another Ray Tanner car. That's neat.
    I doubt if it is/was my buddies old car. I think he gave up on it due to rust problems. It however was a national first place winner back in the early 70s at the Stude national in SB.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Bohannon
    replied
    Originally posted by nels View Post
    Do you know the history of your GT? My childhood friend here in Cincinnati bought a Gold/red R2 4spd GT back in the day. I think it came out of Chicago. He moved to Schenectady, NY and brought the car with him.
    My '63 GT Hawk R2 63V1640 was sold by Roy Tanner Studebaker, Phoenix, AZ to Thomas Schlichting, 246 W Flynn Lane, Phoenix.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Bohannon
    replied
    I don't have the owner history at my fingertips; the VIN is 63V1640 engine JTS1006. I'll talk to Carl - I know he has the info. - Randy

Leave a comment:

• nels
    replied
    Do you know the history of your GT? My childhood friend here in Cincinnati bought a Gold/red R2 4spd GT back in the day. I think it came out of Chicago. He moved to Schenectady, NY and brought the car with him.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Gary, '62-'64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawks are elegant vehicles, never meant to be converted into 'Boy Racer' types.......Real wire wheels only add to that elegance....I'm somewhat surprised you don't understand this by now!
    I agree more than you seem to understand. I did not agree with any conversion, "Boy Racer" or otherwise. A stock Gran Turismo Hawk, with factory standard or optional equipment, would not have wire wheels. My point is that wire wheels are not apropos/appropriate. You may prefer the look of this modification. That is your right.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Apropos means appropriate. To me, real wire wheels would be neither apropos nor appropriate for any Gran Turismo Hawk since Studebaker did not offer them as either standard or optional equipment on those models. It may be your preference to make this modification, but that is just what it is, your preference.
    Gary, '62-'64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawks are elegant vehicles, never meant to be converted into 'Boy Racer' types.......Real wire wheels only add to that elegance....I'm somewhat surprised you don't understand this by now!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Very nice, but real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
    Apropos means appropriate. To me, real wire wheels would be neither apropos nor appropriate for any Gran Turismo Hawk since Studebaker did not offer them as either standard or optional equipment on those models. It may be your preference to make this modification, but that is just what it is, your preference.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Bohannon
    replied
    Halibrands were an option in '63. I'm not aware of any wires as an option then.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    ... real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
    Is that they way they were equipped from the factory? I've seen a lot of GT Hawks without wires.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
    Randy-Remember no one can rain on your parade because of their personal opinion.
    That's a good opinion of an opinion!

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Very nice, but real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
    Randy-Remember no one can rain on your parade because of their personal opinion.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    What a magnificent car & the Halibrands just blow it off the scale!

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    What a magnificent car & the Halibrands just blow it off the scale!

Leave a comment:

• Randy Bohannon
    replied
    Finally came up with a name for my '63 Hawk: "Makani 'Io". An 'io is a hawk that only exists on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Makani is the Hawaiian word for wind.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    My 63 Supercharged R2 63V 22744 JTS 1515 4spd fresh off the delivery trailer......and after wash.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X