Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'63 R2 Superhawk 4spd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What a magnificent car & the Halibrands just blow it off the scale!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
      What a magnificent car & the Halibrands just blow it off the scale!
      Very nice, but real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Very nice, but real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
        Randy-Remember no one can rain on your parade because of their personal opinion.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
          Randy-Remember no one can rain on your parade because of their personal opinion.
          That's a good opinion of an opinion!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            ... real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
            Is that they way they were equipped from the factory? I've seen a lot of GT Hawks without wires.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

            Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

            Comment


            • #21
              Halibrands were an option in '63. I'm not aware of any wires as an option then.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Very nice, but real wires wheels would be more apropos on this (or any other) Gran Turismo Hawk!
                Apropos means appropriate. To me, real wire wheels would be neither apropos nor appropriate for any Gran Turismo Hawk since Studebaker did not offer them as either standard or optional equipment on those models. It may be your preference to make this modification, but that is just what it is, your preference.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

                SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Apropos means appropriate. To me, real wire wheels would be neither apropos nor appropriate for any Gran Turismo Hawk since Studebaker did not offer them as either standard or optional equipment on those models. It may be your preference to make this modification, but that is just what it is, your preference.
                  Gary, '62-'64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawks are elegant vehicles, never meant to be converted into 'Boy Racer' types.......Real wire wheels only add to that elegance....I'm somewhat surprised you don't understand this by now!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    Gary, '62-'64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawks are elegant vehicles, never meant to be converted into 'Boy Racer' types.......Real wire wheels only add to that elegance....I'm somewhat surprised you don't understand this by now!
                    I agree more than you seem to understand. I did not agree with any conversion, "Boy Racer" or otherwise. A stock Gran Turismo Hawk, with factory standard or optional equipment, would not have wire wheels. My point is that wire wheels are not apropos/appropriate. You may prefer the look of this modification. That is your right.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

                    SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Do you know the history of your GT? My childhood friend here in Cincinnati bought a Gold/red R2 4spd GT back in the day. I think it came out of Chicago. He moved to Schenectady, NY and brought the car with him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't have the owner history at my fingertips; the VIN is 63V1640 engine JTS1006. I'll talk to Carl - I know he has the info. - Randy

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by nels View Post
                          Do you know the history of your GT? My childhood friend here in Cincinnati bought a Gold/red R2 4spd GT back in the day. I think it came out of Chicago. He moved to Schenectady, NY and brought the car with him.
                          My '63 GT Hawk R2 63V1640 was sold by Roy Tanner Studebaker, Phoenix, AZ to Thomas Schlichting, 246 W Flynn Lane, Phoenix.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
                            My '63 GT Hawk R2 63V1640 was sold by Roy Tanner Studebaker, Phoenix, AZ to Thomas Schlichting, 246 W Flynn Lane, Phoenix.
                            Another Ray Tanner car. That's neat.
                            I doubt if it is/was my buddies old car. I think he gave up on it due to rust problems. It however was a national first place winner back in the early 70s at the Stude national in SB.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X