• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 R2 Superhawk 4spd

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1748417My '63 R2 Hawk 4 spd. Has all package items (HD springs, HD front and rear anti sway bars, power front disc brakes, traction bars, 160mph speedo, red line tach, halibrand wheels) hurst shifter and 225/70-15 period correct white walls. All numbers match.
    Randy Bohannon
    Kailua Kona, HI
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 08-24-2015, 08:28 AM.

wow super sweet....I love it!! Thanks for posting.... how about some more shots?
    "Fords are cars Studebakers are Automobiles" -Jerry Washburn

Comment

You have one exceptional Hawk. Great car!

Comment

Randy,Your Hawk looks really nice one end to the other - are the wheels original or re-pops.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Randy, isn't your Hawk too early to be a full-package SuperHawk? According to one of your posts, its 63V1640 with engine # JTS1006 which makes it the second 1963 supercharged Hawk built, and was assembled early in the model year.

Here is more information when the first 'package' SuperHawk was assembled: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ks-Super-Larks

Craig

Comment

I had a '63 R2 SuperHawk for many years, as well. Mine was the only one in Rose Mist, according to George Krem. Delightful car in every way--it even smelled good inside AND the clock worked!!! Enjoy!!!

Comment

Hopefully, the person who is trying to decide what '63 factory color to paint his GT will see this Hawk. This car is another fine example of how nice 'CHAMPAGNE GOLD POLY' looks on the '63 GT's!

Truly a beautiful 1963 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk factory color!

Comment

'63 R2 Superhawk 4spd

Car was second R2 built and came with R2 engine, TT, and power front disc's. I added HD springs, HD front and rear anti sway bars, traction bars, 160mph speedo, red line tach and re pop Halibrands - all Stude factory options. Also added Hurst shifter. Car is all stock numbers matching. s/n 64V1640, JTS 1006.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG2.jpg
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1699997Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG3.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1699998Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG4.jpg
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	1699999

Comment

That is a beautiful car. One to be proud of.

Comment

That's a nice Hawk, Randy; Champagne Gold and Red interior is an unusually-nice combination.

Was the car originally shipped to Hawaii? If not, do you know how it got out there, and when? BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I bought it from Carl Carilli in New York and had it shipped to me in HI.

Comment

Hi Randy,

It was nice talking with you at the NW Overdrive Tour banquet in Bellingham.
                        Sorry you missed the Saturday party as it would have been nice to take a picture of your Hawk 63V1640 next to the very next R2 Hawk built 63V1748 (also 4 spd).
                        http://www.photoshow.com/watch/gA2ns2mX
                        Those wheels sure look nice and I hope you have been getting Miles Of Smiles enjoying it!
                        Thanks for bringing it to Bellingham and letting everyone enjoy seeing it.

Regards,

James Bell
                        Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Glad you guys got to see Randy's car in person, there were some responses after I sent in a couple of pics, but it's so good in person ! Now hurry and get back over here Randy, don't know how much longer I can hold your place down at Splashers, people have been trying to push my little cars out of the way, ha !

Comment

My 63 Supercharged R2 63V 22744 JTS 1515 4spd fresh off the delivery trailer......and after wash.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Finally came up with a name for my '63 Hawk: "Makani 'Io". An 'io is a hawk that only exists on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Makani is the Hawaiian word for wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X