Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member, longtime Studebaker Driver's Club car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, longtime Studebaker Driver's Club car.

Hi, my name is Ryan. This Studebaker belong to my grandfather and grandmother for years. I put the car back on the road and now I have become hooked on Stude's. Love driving this Lark VIII. So as a new member I figured I would post some pics of it since I don't think any have ever been posted. It's a 61 Lark VIII Deluxe. Enjoy! More to come.
    Attached Files

Welcome, Ryan!
    Inheriting my grandfather's '62 Lark when he passed away in 1971, at a time when they were still just drivable transportation, convinced me there were few other vehicles of comparable quality. This has resulted in, not only a great deal of economic transportation and attention from the public but, by affiliation with the Studebaker Drivers Club, local chapter members, as well as this forum, a network of friends that would be hard to beat.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Cool Lark, Ryan! Welcome.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

You have a very nice Lark Ryan,and welcome here. "the Studebakers just keep showing up"
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          Welcome, Ryan!
          Inheriting my grandfather's '62 Lark when he passed away in 1971, at a time when they were still just drivable transportation, convinced me there were few other vehicles of comparable quality. This has resulted in, not only a great deal of economic transportation and attention from the public but, by affiliation with the Studebaker Drivers Club, local chapter members, as well as this forum, a network of friends that would be hard to beat.
          That is exactly what I'm starting to learn.

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          Cool Lark, Ryan! Welcome.
          Thanks

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
          You have a very nice Lark Ryan,and welcome here. "the Studebakers just keep showing up"
          Thank you I am hoping to repaint it sometime early next year. Paint isn't bad but was done in a shop by my grandfather himself and I know I can make it better.

Comment

Nice Lark and welcome aboard! Almost the same way I got in to Studebakers, only my Daytona came from my father in the mid nineties and I had it on the road in 99. Put 45000 wonderful miles on it so far, mostly attending SDC meets. The bug bit me hard so I acquired and restored my convert. Still cruising and meeting people in the best car club in the world. Again WELCOME.

Bob
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Very cool that you inherited the "S" gene - and the car! Welcome to the Forum and enjoy that ride!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Millers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1699625 Standing in front of my yellow bullet nose are (left to right) Bud Miller, myself, Bud's son and wife.
                Bud inherited this car from his father who inherited it from HIS father, who bought it new. Bud sold it to me after it had deteriorated to project car condition. After 8 years of restoration and a ridiculous amount of money, Bud brought his family to one of our meets to see the car. Bud's son looked at the car and said to me "you know that was supposed to be my car next" to which I replied "yeah, you want it NOW".

Good on you for keeping your grandfather's car in the family. You wont have to suffer the angst that Bud's son felt when he saw the family car in the hands of someone else.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Nice Lark! Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find plenty of great ideas and help from some very knowledgeable people on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X