Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    The "post coupe" in my thoughts is the best of the BEST. It has a solid body and great style and will always look good! Good luck with your project & remember "Studebakers are great and their collectors are the GREATEST ! We are always here to help. Several SDC venders and other suppliers (Rhode Island Wiring is one) can provide quality wiring harnesses for your project.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 Commander 1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1703165Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 Commander 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1703166

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    The coupe and its present quarters look great, Wayne; congrats on the car's preservation while it waits its turn, and on the barn's construction.

Are the photos the opposite ends of the same barn? It looks really nice.

The car looks pleasantly solid. That's well over half the battle in your locale.

Keep the updates coming and Happy New Year.

(Thanks for joining SDC, too.) BP

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Looking forward to updates!

Leave a comment:

• wh22366
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe waits patiently.JPG
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1703154Click image for larger version

Name:	East side unfinished.JPG
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1703155Click image for larger version

Name:	North end.JPG
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1703156

I know this isn't barn journal, but here are a few pictures of progress on my shop and my patiently waiting Studebaker in the corner. The weatherman says this is the last few days of the extended summer we've gotten in the Northeast. The delayed winter temps let me apply siding to three walls and I'll have to hold off on the east side; I plan to build a lean-to there anyway.

As soon as the ground thaws in a few months, I'll get conduit in for juice and can then get my lift in. I've amassed a ton of ideas for the project car from threads here on the SDC site. I appreciate all of them!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!l

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker8
    replied
    Good luck on the project! Hope it all goes good, it looks like a fun project!

Leave a comment:

• wh22366
    replied
    I had read the Hawk modification thread awhile back. It's a good one!

I don't get caught up in the stock vs. modified conversations as I've danced to my own tune for a long time now. Love cars and the shape of the C/Ks. My coupe sat in a field for 8-10 years and I look forward to putting it back on the road.

If you look just beyond the C4 in the picture in my last post you'll see a piece of a building I'm doing where my Studebaker project work will commence. I still need to do windows, siding, power, install a lift and move my shop gear in. My guess is a spring start on my car. Thanks to all for the support.

Leave a comment:

• garrilla
    replied
    Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    Cool, keep us well informed with pictures and frequent progress posts. And, ignore the "you are ruining the car by modifying it" folks that will inevitably comment. There are many on this forum who like and appreciate modified cars, but unfortunately our voices sometimes get drowned out by the vicious attacks of the small band of "purists" who think it is their calling to constantly criticize modified cars.
    X2! If you haven't seen it there's an excellent thread on Hawk modifications here;
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Modifications

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    One of Studebaker's best loved designs. As far as the purist vs modified people, I am just happy to see a Studebaker get back on the road and be seen with smiles by everyone when it is done right and reflects the pride of the owner.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    Cool, keep us well informed with pictures and frequent progress posts. And, ignore the "you are ruining the car by modifying it" folks that will inevitably comment. There are many on this forum who like and appreciate modified cars, but unfortunately our voices sometimes get drowned out by the vicious attacks of the small band of "purists" who think it is their calling to constantly criticize modified cars.
    "Vicious attacks"? I have seen criticism, but everybody is entitled to an opinion. Few are mean about how they comment.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Originally posted by wh22366 View Post
    One more post on my future project. Donor car!

Leave a comment:

• wh22366
    replied
    One more post on my future project. Donor car!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Working on my last car project myself. My car is same as yours, except with 3 speed and O.D. I think you chose a good one. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• 53starliner
    replied
    The only selling job I had to do was to get him to go look at it. The design and the fact that the body is relatively solid really sold it. I'm looking forward to being the helper on a Stude project rather than the soloist!

Leave a comment:

• wh22366
    replied
    This will a log term project as I have several other priorities that will keep me from getting it done too fast - and I'm not getting younger! My 50's and 60's buggies weren't all that old and rusty when I owned them! Thanks for the source offer Tim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X