Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redbox View Post
    Where is the engine number located?
    The engine number is on a machined pad on the upper l/f (drivers side) of the engine behind the water manifold.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks All.

Here is the build sheet
      Thanks for posting this.

Do you have the "sheets 1-13" that are referenced on the production order? They seem to have something to do with the "custom" paint job. I noticed that it calls for "Avanti Maroon enamel". Avantis were painted in lacquer, so this is special enamel paint made in the Avanti Maroon color.

That is a very well equipped Hawk.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,
        I don't have sheets 1-13. Would the museum have them?

Here is the engine number below.

I have 34 pages of long hand written notes during the restoration........which led to the cost of the restoration. The engine was pulled and rebuilt. I know this was the original engine.

Bob Palma's answer in the current Turning Wheels says that a production number of 36 means it is a Super Hawk with a R1 engine. Does anyone know what the items under #36 are compared to the list on my build sheet?

I feel like I am turning into a History Detective.
        Attached Files
        Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
        '14 Boxster
        '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
        '37 Dictator Coupe
        '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

Gary,
          I don't have sheets 1-13. Would the museum have them?

Here is the engine number below.

I have 34 pages of long hand written notes during the restoration........which led to the cost of the restoration. The engine was pulled and rebuilt. I know this was the original engine.

Bob Palma's answer in the current Turning Wheels says that a production number of 36 means it is a Super Hawk with a R1 engine. Does anyone know what the items under #36 are compared to the list on my build sheet?

I feel like I am turning into a History Detective.
          re: "sheets 1-13" - I assume that the SNM may have them. I suggest calling them and talking with someone that would know, like Andy. If they do have them, it seems to me that they should have provided them with the production order (to make it complete).

You engine shows number JTM325, which is what is on the production order, confirming original (R1) engine block still in the car
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Thanks for posting this.

Do you have the "sheets 1-13" that are referenced on the production order? They seem to have something to do with the "custom" paint job. I noticed that it calls for "Avanti Maroon enamel". Avantis were painted in lacquer, so this is special enamel paint made in the Avanti Maroon color.
            I believe it is a single generic 'sheet' or chart showing a diagram of a side profile and maybe a top profile of a car, with dark lines dividing the various panels into 13 numbered 'sections'.

I wonder if because its enamel versus lacquer is why the 'P6401 Special' designation was used instead of P6436.

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 07-02-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Things just don't get any better!

Comment

That's a very nice hawk! Would look great with wire wheels.

Dave.

Comment

Well...in the spirit of my comment in the thread titled "Best color for a (GT) Hawk"...This Hawk sure makes the color Maroon look great!
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                  X