60 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark

Just purchased this 60 lark a few weeks ago. 12,000 original miles with one repaint in 06 when the car was built. Fatman Mustang II front stub, GM 330 horse crate with a 4L60 trans and Moser 9" rear. Super fun and great driving little car. Plans are air ride and larger diameter wheels.
    Attached Files

Sweet Lark. I liked the look of it so much that I saved a picture when it was mentioned on the forum some time back.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

You don't need to do the wheels for me. It doesn't get any better than you see it! But that is me, and its your car, so you can do what you think is best.

Bob
      Bob
      Welland Ontario
      60 Lark Convertible
      64 Daytona
      sigpic
      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
        You don't need to do the wheels for me. It doesn't get any better than you see it! But that is me, and its your car, so you can do what you think is best.

Bob
        I agree. The car is near perfect like it is. To my eye, larger diameter wheels don't look right on the older cars.
        Still, it's your car and your choice. Everyone won't like how I do my car.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

That car has a great look just like it is. Great color and the stance is perfect. I love it.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I feel exactly the same in all areas
            Originally posted by Sdude View Post
            That car has a great look just like it is. Great color and the stance is perfect. I love it.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

welcome to the forum! that is one puuuurfect lark just the way it sits...colour and everything! cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Recognize your name from the truck forums. Can't wait to see what you do to this one.

Comment

talk to me about the fatman mustang front end

I have a 60 lark that is all over the road

how does yours steer and stop with that set up?????

also..what size tires you have on there as they look pretty sweet to me

thank you in advance

Comment

Love it! I remember seeing it on ebay.
                    At the time, I sent the ebay link to family members, for 2 reasons:
                    1) to show my 60 Lark's "twin" or at least cousin exists
                    2) what a custom Lark can go for today.

My parents always thought I invested more in my Lark, than it was worth. But this proves them wrong.

Have fun with it.

60 Twin link:
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...931#post813931

Keeping Studes Alive....
                    Stude-Preferred

Comment

was this car a 6 cylinder originally ? Seems a bunch of Oasis Green cars with ultra low mileage survived...what does that mean...if anything

Comment

Jack, Mine did start as a Lark IV, but was painted Pacific Blue (a spring color). When I found it in 1976 (notice the same as the base price on the attached window sticker), it had 27,000+ miles.
                        The nice thing about modifying a Lark, you can pretty much do anything you want. The "purists" don't seem to mind. I did keep mine Stude powered. R2 style 289 but with a '57 Golden Hawk supercharger.

Paint selection:
                        I found some quarts of NOS Stude paint on ebay. Thinned the paint & sprayed them out on 12 x 12 metal sheets from Home Depot.
                        My opinion is you can never tell what something will look like, by a paint chip.
                        When I first opened the can of Oasis Green, I closed it back up because it looked so ugly. But I had a backside of metal left over, so I tried it.
                        Once sprayed, the color grew on me.

The Oasis Green was a weird enough color for the 'Little Old Lady' look I was looking for. I selected it, for the restoration.
                        You don't see too many Oasis Green Studes. I think it was because in the '60 Lark brochure, the green looked so ugly. It was a one year only color.
                        I have found it hard to photograph. Best done on an overcast day. Then the true color comes though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Lark Window Sticker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1699263

Keeping Studes Alive....
                        Stude-Preferred

Comment

Really nice Lark. The air ride and wheel thing usually goes with age groups. My 42 year old Son and I don't see them the same. Personal preference. Nice Lark if you leave it as is and Nice Lark if you air ride and change wheels.
                          Last edited by Flashback; 07-13-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Riding around at NSRA Nationals in Louisville, drove car home 720 miles trouble free.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Drove the car to Dallas Goodguys 1100 mile round trip. Also did Cruisin The Coast where the car received a Street Rodder Magazine Top 10 pick out of over 7000 cars...has been a super fun and reliable little car.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X