Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sdude
    replied
    Very interesting indeed. Consider writing a story for Turning Wheels. I would love to read more about it and see more pictures. That truck would make a great Turning Wheels cover picture. Please consider this.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Is that three trucks together? That is impressive if it is.

Do you have any photos of the serial plate or the body plate - would be curious to see what those plates would show.

Leave a comment:

• aliciaa
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1708606Click image for larger version

Name:	1459707842843.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1708605HELLO, I WRITE FROM ARGENTINA too.here are our car and some car. we are Natalio┬┤s friend

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post
    Any ideal where that truck is now? We would love current pictures. None were made in the usa. And there is very little information about them here.
    I think that your comments need correction/clarification. Those Packard trucks were all made in the USA, but none were sold new here.

Some have thought that only one prototype Packard pickup was built. This picture disproves that.

Thanks a lot for the picture.

Leave a comment:

• 70Avanti2
    replied
    Any ideal where that truck is now? We would love current pictures. None were made in the usa. And there is very little information about them here.

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    We would like to see more detailed photographs. We are very interested in these trucks and have very little info on them. Also would like to see other Studebakers in Argentina.
    Hello 70Avanti2.... I have a personal page on Studebaker, the link is:
    http://studebaker-en-castellano4.webnode.com.ar/

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    Originally posted by 57pack View Post
    Very nice truck! and thank you for sharing your photographs. Very interesting, have you ever seen any of those Packard pick up trucks manufactured for the South American market?
    Don't apologize for your English, it's better than some I've heard and read here in the States!
    Hello, 57 Pack ... I found the photo that you had commented. It is a STUDEPACKARD. The guy who sent me the photo is Miguel Cestona and also who is in the photo, the truck was his family who had a DODGE agency. And Studepackard was used for technical service. At the door the name of the family business is, and in the center the word "DODGE". "Approved services".
    I have another picture of a newspaper article, which explains that the name change. When I find it I will post it. regards
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    Thanks for the explanation on how those trucks were built.

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    We would like to see more detailed photographs. We are very interested in these trucks and have very little info on them. Also would like to see other Studebakers in Argentina.
    www.studebaker-en-castellano4.webnode.com.ar. Thank you very much for your interest and apologize for my English.

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    Originally posted by 57pack View Post
    Very nice truck! and thank you for sharing your photographs. Very interesting, have you ever seen any of those Packard pick up trucks manufactured for the South American market?
    Don't apologize for your English, it's better than some I've heard and read here in the States!
    Hello, 57 Pack ... I have not seen one of the Packard trucks, but I have a picture of one with an inscription on the door that shows that came to Argentina. I was able to write with a member of the family that had bought, but did not know much about her. I'll get the photo to be included. Thank you very much for your interest.

Leave a comment:

• 70Avanti2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 57pack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    Originally posted by doug View Post
    With your comment about independent front suspension, the passenger car grille and passenger car bumper fit to the body as opposed to how the U.S. truck bumpers don't fit the body, I wonder if a truck body was put on a passenger car frame or a passenger car made into a ute like Australians create.
    Doug ..., these trucks 7E9, were armed on heavy-duty chassis Lark (for taxi). That is why the bumpers, front grille, are the same as the Lark. It also has the gas tank on the back, as the cars and carry the load input is at the rear side of the rear box. The 7E9 only were exported, none circle the streets of USA.
    (sorry for my english... I speak spanish)

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    With your comment about independent front suspension, the passenger car grille and passenger car bumper fit to the body as opposed to how the U.S. truck bumpers don't fit the body, I wonder if a truck body was put on a passenger car frame or a passenger car made into a ute like Australians create.

Leave a comment:

• NATALIOV
    replied
    Craig, The Champs, came to Argentina without the rear box, and that were manufactured here, and although many think it is the case of Ford 1962, only bears a resemblance, its size is different and so is the entrance to the fuel tank. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X