New project start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project start

3R5 - purported to have been a tow truck at Phoenix International Raceway.
    note the 6-lug front wheels (pay no attention to the "roller" rear)...

Hey...noticing your number of posts...WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Not knowing your Studebaker history, experience, or qualifications...The following comments may or may not apply. If you are not a member of the SDC, please join and hook up with a Texas regional chapter. This month's Studebaker magazine (Turning Wheels) highlights the 1954 trucks. This one deserves to have one lying on the seat.

I am not usually impressed by someone applying the term "RARE" to a vehicle. Except for a few, "Rare" is a dubious distinction when it comes to value. However, among Studebaker folks, especially Studebaker Truck fans...this truck has value, is rare, and should be an honored guest at any of our events. Having "earned" its stripes as a work vehicle is a bonus. Finding old family photos from people visiting the race track. "back in the day," would be a valuable addition, to its legacy, to display with the truck.

I don't know what your plans are...but I think, if you could locate another period correct "hook" to hang back on the truck, would be a great idea. Post more pictures as you can, and keep us updated about your progress.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

After reading the first segment of the 3R article in the latest Turning Wheels, I have a new respect for them. Good find.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        When I bought my first Studebaker truck (I've only done C-cabs) we used Hemmings Motor News and swap meets for parts. Sold my last one (that I had owned/driven/wrenched on for about a dozen years) about 5 years ago.
        Still in the parts search planning stages of this one...

Comment

Working...
        X