No announcement yet.

Off to the body shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The door glass arrived yesterday, and I installed it after work. I was waiting on that so I could adjust the quarter windows. I got that done today, so this weekend I can start putting the upholstery in. While waiting for the glass to arrive I installed the fender vents. Getting there bit by bit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1699572Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1056.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1699573Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1059.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1699574Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1063.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1699575
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Name:	DSCN1065.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1699619Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1066.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1699620
      Todays progress, got the rear quarter upholstery and rear seat in. I'm getting old, this took me all day!

Comment

I'm impressed Dwight,kinda like going back in time when it was new.
        Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]46124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46125[/ATTACH]
        Todays progress, got the rear quarter upholstery and rear seat in. I'm getting old, this took me all day!
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

First drive

Name:	DSCN1091.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1699726Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1090.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1699725Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1089.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1699727Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1093.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1699728Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1095.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1699730
          I got the seat backs covered today, and installed the front seat. After the boss checked it out and gave her approval we took it out for our first drive. We went for ice cream Karen's, a combination drive in and produce stand. Got lots of looks and comments.
          Waiting for the locksmith to rekey my door locks so I can install the door panels.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dwight, wow this has really paid off Man. I think I'll toss in IMPECCABLE for good measures , may I ask about the front seat "side to side pattern variance" or is it a drivers comfort appointment ?
            Dwight
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]46299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46304[/ATTACH]
            I got the seat backs covered today, and installed the front seat. After the boss checked it out and gave her approval we took it out for our first drive. We went for ice cream Karen's, a combination drive in and produce stand. Got lots of looks and comments.
            Waiting for the locksmith to rekey my door locks so I can install the door panels.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Name:	first bath in 30 years 013.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1699738Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1091.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1699739Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. The seats came that way originally, at least on the Regal hardtops. Don't know about coupes or sedans.
              Rene Harger has the patterns and made this exact copy of the original upholstery. The original '53 and '54 pattern is a strange one. The front cushions don't match, and the rear seat back pleats don't line up with the seat cushion pleats. If you are doing a custom or modified he recommends using the '55 pattern, which is more symmetrical.
              I wanted this one to look stock, so I opted for the original pattern. Here's a before and after shot.

Comment

I had no idea at all about this pattern,learn new things all the time.seeing this in person would be the Cat's meow.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]46312[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46313[/ATTACH]Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. The seats came that way originally, at least on the Regal hardtops. Don't know about coupes or sedans.
                Rene Harger has the patterns and made this exact copy of the original upholstery. The original '53 and '54 pattern is a strange one. The front cushions don't match, and the rear seat back pleats don't line up with the seat cushion pleats. If you are doing a custom or modified he recommends using the '55 pattern, which is more symmetrical.
                I wanted this one to look stock, so I opted for the original pattern. Here's a before and after shot.
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Name:	DSCN1105.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1699844Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1107.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1699846Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1102.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1699848Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1103.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1699847
                  Got the door locks in today, so I could finally install the door panels. Thru in a couple of twilight shots from last Sunday showing the remaining chrome and wheel covers installed. Planned on going to a small show at Pizza Hut tonight, but it got rained out.

Comment

Looking good, Beautiful car. I know you are proud of it. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                    X