No announcement yet.

My Three Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say, you can't take them with you when you die, but you can sure have a great time driving them while your alive.
    Go for it! And post pictures.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Here's my "my three Studes" picture. I bought the 65 for my son and when he needed the room more than the car, he offered it back. I didn't want it back so he gave it to my granddaughter (his niece).

That's the three of us sitting on the bumper of my truck. We drove them in the local parade and my son drove the bullet nose. I asked him how he liked driving it and he said he didn't. He was scared to death he would scratch it. I assured him that I liked him better than the car and still would if he had marked it up in any way.

BTW, my granddaughter had just recieved her drivers license when this picture was taken. She still has the car. It is now the Stalnaker family loaner.

I no longer hold the title to the 65 so I really only have two as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MayFair2012 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	1683134
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Jon,
        At least the '65 is still in the family. That counts in my book. I wish I could get more of my family involved with these cars. Nobody wants to give up the modern conveniences of their new cars. I still have a brother in California to dabbles In Studebakers. For a while he was driving the original Burke Avanti record setter at El Mirage and Bonneville. But he lives too far away for us to get together and share adventures.
        It looks like you and I have similar collections at this point. A bullet nose and a truck. Life is good.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          Jon,
          At least the '65 is still in the family. That counts in my book. I wish I could get more of my family involved with these cars. Nobody wants to give up the modern conveniences of their new cars.
          I think it takes a certain type of young person to be able to get past that and appreciate older cars for how unique they are, and not get hung up on how easy or hard they may be to drive compared to newer cars. For me, I will eventually find a way to install a/c on my car (just because Texas summers are brutal), but other than that, I could care less about modern conveniences...
          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
          Regal Deluxe Trim
          Automatic transmission
          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I saw the photos of your Champ, very nice. Will serve as inspiration for ours.
            Mike
            Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

Mike, boy, you did some digging to find this from 2013. The truck is a little older now and has had some minor modifications but it still looks the same. I too hope we can get together at some point to share stories. How far away are you from Dundee?
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Wow Ed,
                Down to two or three. I should be so lucky!
                Cheers, Bill

Comment

Bill, I sold the '50 to make room for the '55. I sold the Lark to buy the truck. So, I now have just the President and Champ. I don't have room for any more until I can finally convince my spouse, Jo Anne, to let me have her half of the garage. She drives a 2009 Dodge Durango which we use to tow her camping trailer.
                  So, should I change the title of this post? It was originally a nod to the '60s TV show My Three Sons, which I got a part on before I went into the Navy.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

LLoyd,
                    "I think it takes a certain type of young person to be able to get past that and appreciate older cars for how unique they are, and not get hung up on how easy or hard they may be to drive compared to newer cars."
                    Can you say "Jake"?
                    Bill

Comment

Wellllll...where's a photo of the Aloha trailer??
                      You gotta give it's due, since your lovely, tolerant, understanding, angelic wife made your pair a trio!
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                        Wellllll...where's a photo of the Aloha trailer??
                        You gotta give it's due, since your lovely, tolerant, understanding, angelic wife made your pair a trio!
                        Andy, she sold the trailer to buy a larger one with a bathroom in it. I had done quite a bit of work on 'Aloha' so she made a little money on the sale. She now has a Winnebago trailer with a nice bathroom, a slide out and many other features. She gave in to the lure of the more modern rigs.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                        X