Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Hilarious...
    36 replies to this thread were from yourself.
    I made one comment.
    My point was made long ago...
    PLEASE stop trying to ruin every thread I start!!!!!
    Last edited by SN-60; 04-09-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
      Fired up the 62GT this morning and it ran just as it did yesterday, and the day before, and the day before...

Gotta get round to firing up the 56J though. Its been a few months since it was driven. Can only drive one at a time, so tend to rotate them every 3-4 months. I leave the inop ones on trickle charge, and start their motors every month or so for a few minutes, year round. With electric fuel pumps on all of them, they usually fire up easily.

Joe, I was wondering where the electric fuel pump is located on the "J"?...Is it at the tank working in tandem with the stock Packard mechanical pump, or did you eliminate the stock pump entirely?...Thanks, Ed

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Joe, I was wondering where the electric fuel pump is located on the "J"?...Is it at the tank working in tandem with the stock Packard mechanical pump, or did you eliminate the stock pump entirely?...Thanks, Ed
        Hi Ed,
        With both of the GTs now having EFI, their pumps are inside the gas tank. But on all carbed Studes I ever installed electric pumps on, including those GTs prior, and several 56Js, I have always mounted them up front. I sit them on the gravel shield, just forward of the AC condenser. There, they get cool air, and drawing fuel from the tank has never been a problem with the cube type pump, which I have always used. I also mount them on rubber stanchion type mounts, so they are quiet as a mouse.

Comment

Joe, I'd be VERY INTERESTED to hear more about the EFI setups on your Hawks! (brands, difficulty of install, cost, etc)...Thanks..Ed

Comment

Joe, I'd be VERY INTERESTED to hear more about the EFI setups on your Hawks! (brands, difficulty of install, cost, etc)...Thanks..Ed
            Hi Ed,
            I have written several times here about the GTs' fuel injection. It a setup by a guy named Bill Hamilton, who calls his business, "Hamilton Fuel Injection", or HFI for short. Just do a search in the archives here and you can probably read about it ad nauseam. That's because I am very much impressed with HFI, so have tried to pass it on.

Comment

Hi Ed,
              I have written several times here about the GTs' fuel injection. It a setup by a guy named Bill Hamilton, who calls his business, "Hamilton Fuel Injection", or HFI for short. Just do a search in the archives here and you can probably read about it ad nauseam. That's because I am very much impressed with HFI, so have tried to pass it on.
              I was wondering why you didn't also convert your '56J over to the 'EFI' system? Can't be done with the Packard engine?

Comment

I was wondering why you didn't also convert your '56J over to the 'EFI' system? Can't be done with the Packard engine?
                It has been done already. A fellow 56Jer, Dave Wetzel(?), has installed EFI on his 56J. He installed EFI on his 56J about the same time Joe RInk installed it on his Avanti, several years ago. I chose not to, but have been told both the 56J and the Avanti came out nice. I actually saw and heard Joe's Avanti, and he did an excellent job. I don't know where he hid the 10 miles or so, of hoses and wires, but it was barely noticeable.

Comment

Was Dave's 56J the solid Cambridge Grey one that was for sale on e-bay a few years ago?...That one had EFI.

Comment

Was Dave's 56J the solid Cambridge Grey one that was for sale on e-bay a few years ago?...That one had EFI.
                    I am pretty sure that is the same 56J. I recall seeing it on ebay too. Not sure which owner installed the EFI mod, but it looked clean from what I could tell. The owner and I later exchanged several emails, when I was making plans for EFI on the GT Hawk.

Comment

I am pretty sure that is the same 56J. I recall seeing it on ebay too. Not sure which owner installed the EFI mod, but it looked clean from what I could tell. The owner and I later exchanged several emails, when I was making plans for EFI on the GT Hawk.
                      I believe that it was also a factory 3 spd o/d car.....Nice setup!

Comment

Working...
                      X