Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Got the headlight rings assembled.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    There is a daunting amount to do now but the mind numbing incessant sanding is over. Now the enjoyable reassembly begins. Finally I can use all the parts I've gathered over the last 3 1/2 decades.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk 1964 R1 1of1 Avanti Maroon paint, resro by Myer Studebaker 20210925 (3) - Copy.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1913797

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Originally posted by David View Post
    Yes mine is not correct from what I understand. 64 was slightly different. Mine is earlier I believe. I'm not sure of the functional difference. If it's for drum brakes I know the stroke length is different. It seems to work fine.
    The disc brake Hydrovac has a longer snout. The attached pic is of a professionally restored '64 Hawk with disc brakes. Studebaker used it to provide higher line pressure needed for the Bendix/Dunlop disc brakes. If yours works fine, then good.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Yes mine is not correct from what I understand. 64 was slightly different. Mine is earlier I believe. I'm not sure of the functional difference. If it's for drum brakes I know the stroke length is different. It seems to work fine.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Your Hydrovac looks different than mine. Is there more than one style for disc brakes?
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    1st stage of painting today. Small parts, gas door, headlight rings, vent doors, grille filler, lower air scoop, rear bumper gravel guards and side grilles. Plus hood and trunk. Tomorrow car. Such a huge step done and a turning point to reassembly! What a long trip.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Good Job!
    So the Sealer/Primer is Blue? What Color do you like that will go with the Maroon Interior?

If it was mine, I would be temped to do it in Moonlight Silver or Golden Sand.
    Sealer is gray. Weird lighting I guess. I'm going back to the original color. Black.
    Original interior was blue which sometimes I wish I had done.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Good Job!
    So the Sealer/Primer is Blue? What Color do you like that will go with the Maroon Interior?

If it was mine, I would be temped to do it in Moonlight Silver or Golden Sand.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Well summer came and went. Final prime is done. Paint this Friday. Finally!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Hoping for end of summer. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Do you have a completion date in mind? Looks like you're doing real nice job there. Cheers, Junior

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Rebuilt booster going in.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X