My e-bay purchase that I'm fixing up 1955 president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My e-bay purchase that I'm fixing up 1955 president

My e-bay purchase that was sitting for twenty three years, that I'm fixing up ,hope this works. 14x7
    Attached Files

Wow!
    Lucky you.
    More pix please.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I'm liking that find.
      There's one not to far from me, 1 owner car, needs a full body off resto, $5000 CDN.

Comment

DUDE! You lucked out! What a gorgeous car! Nice score

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Very nice car. 'Love the '55s with the second-series two-tone. Those colors are just right, too. What a sweetheart. Congrats. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My 55 Builder jimmijim

Yours appears nicer 'en mine. good model to have. I've always wanted a 55. cheers jimmijim
            Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Very nice car. 'Love the '55s with the second-series two-tone. Those colors are just right, too. What a sweetheart. Congrats. BP
            Attached Files
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The car was painted at Maaco,It was sonora Beige,and black, It's missing a piece of stainless !

I finally drove it this past summer,after getting the fuel pump replaced. It had a huge hole in the driver's front fender. Still has a six volt system , the build sheet said the paint code was suppose to be Rancho red and black, so I had them paint it those colors after attending a local zone meet.The turn signals don't work after a few times this summer. Oh well. I try to post a older pictures.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 14x7; 10-28-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

The bumpers need to be rechrome,and headlight rings.

The interior ,I bought jp's seat covers in blue ,and showed a friend how it looks and thinks the color should be changed. Maaco painted the top s of the inside door red, and I don't like that ,and I didn't ask for that. That dash pad I ripped out , and one of the glass over the speedometer is missing the chrome button ,that goes in the center. I can't do anything ,but changed the oil ,because I live at a condo.Can't do anything else for awhile ,as I had the transmission replaced. Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

I thought the older pictures uploaded from long a go !!!!!

Here's some older pictures ,Hope they post. So I took it to a car show a year ago, and a guy said that the car was repainted... He said they got over spray on the weather stripping. so I looked at the build sheet, and then went out to the garage and looked at the numbers ,and the build sheet was wrong, my car came with pink and black colors...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's the car with the Bullet covers on the wheels

also padded the dash ,and covered it with Black vinyl , need to get carpeting now!!! and get the power windows to work. Also the trunk lid on the left sticks up at the Hinge. Have a nos hinge , just should get that rebuilt too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, Drive and enjoy.

Comment

You're making great progress. Keep it up!
                        ~Matt Connor
                        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Looks very nice. I hope the restoration goes well.

Comment

Working...
                          X