JJWMACHINECO, My First Studebaker, 1964 Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJWMACHINECO, My First Studebaker, 1964 Champ

Well everyone, this is my first Studebaker, at least my first drivable one. I did own an Onan engine made by Studebaker, but had to give it away in with a deal on a 57 Dodge truck I sold not long ago. One of my customers has been trying to talk me into getting one for quite some time now and he finally convinced me. Now he tells me after getting this Studebaker, I need to get another one. He claims its written in stone somewhere that you have to own at least 2. Bull Chit. I should have kept the Onan engine so he would quit bugging me about it. I absolutely love this Champ because it's setting on a GMC Jimmy chassis with 4-wheel drive, 3.78 Posi front and rear diff, disk brakes, 4.3L V6 engine, 700R4 tranny, AC, power seats, power windows and a tilt steering wheel. This 64 Studebaker rides and drives better then the 03 Jeep Wrangler that I traded it for.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
    Bubbaland South
    Resident Machinist

Nice ride... enjoy

Comment

Welcome and congrats.
      I predict you'll have another Stude before the year is out.<G>
      BTW, those Lark type PU's are not my favorite, but that is one nice looking truck.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Not bad Jeff. And George is right. "To own a Studebaker, is to own MANY Studebakers".

Comment

I can not afford to own a Junkyard full of them like George. Sorry George, I should have said Historic Archives.
          sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
          Bubbaland South
          Resident Machinist

Comment

Jeffery,
            Backa few years ago when I lived in Ocala, the guy that put that Champ together worked at DoubleR Mfg...
            I climbed in around and all through that lil' truck.
            It is put together real nice.
            I remember the owner telling me how he had taken it to Oregon a bunch of times..
            Looks like you found a great runner...
            Jeff
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Your Champ looks really nice with the front bumper in the normal Lark position. Great truck!
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Nice looking Champ. My mother lives in Crawfordville so I'll have to keep a look out for your truck when I'm down that way.

Comment

Thanks.
                  It's far from original like yours and it's now my daily driver. I hardly drive my 06 Dodge Dakota R/T anymore since I got the Champ. I have seen yours on eBay recently and its very impressive.
                  sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
                  Bubbaland South
                  Resident Machinist

Comment

Thanks!! I've had this crazy desire to get a new motorcycle. I figured if I sold the Studebaker I could get one. Ebay had a list your car for free deal going so I threw it up there to see what it would bring. The folks on Ebay have spoken so I've scratched the idea of selling the Champ. The wife was fit to be tied when I told her I put it on Ebay. She loves the Champ more than I do.
                    I would like to use my Champ as a daily driver like you, but it will get dirty.

Comment

Jerry...your picture creeps me out!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X