Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al from Eatonville
    replied
    Hello Rafal and welcome to the Forum! Everyone here is pulling for you! I have received a lot of great advice here and you will too! Stay well!

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    replied
    And part III. Now my Hawk inside. As you see there are many elements missing inside too. Unfortunately I realised that my trunk is empty - I have opened it already. Live is hard :-) but I love this car and one day my Great Black Hawk with red interior will land on the streets of my City Szczecin :-) Tomorrow I will show you my engine bay and movie how the engine is working :-) Cheers Rafal

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Roland, I've just answered - yes of course :-)

• Topper2011
    replied
    Hi Rafal, I've sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Mike - yes indeed it is the first one in Poland :-)

• Zahus
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, its done - there are two big holes in steel construction of rear passenger wall. I came inside with light and I have already opened it. Unfortunately trunk is empty - even there is a lack of spare wheel and no carpets.

• Silverplate
    replied
    Hello Rafal. Thanks so much for sharing your story and latest addition to your collection. Is your Studebaker a rare find in your country? Look forward to your updates…Mike

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Roland! Today for a moment I will remove a rear seat and I will try ! Thanks for your advice :-)

• Topper2011
    replied
    Welcome Rafal! I also am working on a GT, a 62. I was able to remove the rear seat and crawl through the trunk and release the lock. If you are small enough, it's a tight fit and I didn't have that much in the trunk. Happy New Year.

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    replied
    And part II. As you see there are many elements missing but everything is possible to buy not only in USA. I traced eBay and really you can buy everything. Only one problem is that very often a shipping costs are much higher as price for a spare part. But I have many friend who are importing cars from USA to Poland so I will ask them to gather everything in USA and than place to the trunk of any imported car to Poland. I am not on hurry so slowly I will proceed ahead :-) Cheers and Happy New Year Rafal

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    replied
    Let me show how in reality looks my Hawk. Few places on its body needs a deep works and no electric element is working - no horns, no lighting and even any lock. From yesterday My Hawk is dry workshop and after New Year celebration I will deeply look everywhere. Yesterday I removed without any problem the end of broken key from trunk's lock. WD40 made a good job within last two days. Lock barrel is turning but I have no other key. I deeply grease whole lock and I will try to place back a broken piece to turn it and open. I do not want to destroy anything. I must take off a rear couch and than I will try to find a place where I can place a thin camera wire in order to see a lock from inside. Than I will think what to do. It is not the first such action what I made with success so I deeply believe that in this case will be success too :-) So here is my Hawk - part I

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    commented on 's reply
    Nice to hear you Nox :-) I know many good car clubs in NL. Old-timers looks to a national hobby in Netherlands :-). Lucky you that you have "a few" Studebakers - it looks than my Hawk is only one in Poland what is mean I am alone. Yesterday I started an engine - what the sound ! Of course I recorded it :-). I have never seen such simple equipped engine bay in any car with so perfect access to everything. Definitively I will look and even contact Svenska Studebaker Klubben SE Cheers Rafal

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Cool to see another Studebaker in Europe! I'm in Sweden, we have quite a few Studebakers here & loads-&-loads of other more comon US cars, but maby you knew already..?
    I lived in Holland for many years & they are pretty big on spare parts, if you need & can drive a bit it might be worth it, in that case check out "Studebaker Packard Club NL".
    & if you're curious about swedish Studebaker people there's "Svenska Studebaker Klubben SE".

Good luck!
    /Nox

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    replied
    Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    Welcome Rafal,

You are proof that we are an International group. Enjoy your journey and share it with us but most of all enjoy a car that will be a stand out, especially in Poland.

We have your back and don't be afraid to ask for help. I have owned off and on since 1968 and I am still learning things I did not know. My latest journey for repair is listed under tech column titled Bah Humbug. Phil Harris, a great resource for parts and technical help and parts is listed under Studebaker Vendors. There are many more as well.

Again welcome.

Bob Miles
    Hair is turning gray and turning loose but still feel 16 when I get behind the wheel.
    Hello Bob, yes it is true that today internet is gathering a people from whole World. Between 2009 and 2015 I was a chief of restoration group which imported from UK to Poland a wreck of THPV Bembridge. We bought her really one week before going to breakers. In February 2009 I was towing her to my home town Szczecin in Poland where she was rebuild and restored to her almost initial look from 1938. Restoration took 6 years and we done it in Poland having a great help, support and assistance of almost 300 people from UK helping us to get bact almost whole equipment what she lost during years. Even her two motor pilot tender boats came back from UK to Poland. It was a huge projects to came back from wreck state finally to a floating beauty. She is today only one see going vessel which took part in two famous WWII operations Dunkirk 1940 and Normandy 1944. Here is how she looks today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRko0I3FrY8 (towing to the city centre for The Tall Ships Racing 2015) (more on YT with "bembridge szczecin") and here is movie showing her history, how she looked when we bought her in Gillingham (white vessel with blue hull) towing her during winter from UK to Poland, restoration and her today look) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5ETDt-4n0&t=487s

I guess I will spent now weeks to trace what was pub;lished and to all problems solved here on forum. I love to learn from more experienced guys like you :-)

Cheers

Rafal
    Hawk GT 1963 project
    Last edited by Zahus; 12-28-2021, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zahus
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    Welcome Rafal,
    You are in the best forum on earth.
    Whatever your questions, you will be answered by the best, most knowledgeable honest Studebaker experts on earth.
    Keep us posted and we LOVE pics so keep them coming of your restoration.
    I also have a 1963 GT Hawk.
    cheers,
    Bill
    Hello Bill - yes I know it :-) That is why I so happy to join all of you. I promise I will keep all of you updated with my progress. Nice that you have 1963 too :-) I read somewhere that today less like 900 Hawks are driving on Earth. Is it true? I hope you know it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hB1tEM8_C8

Cheers

Rafal
    Hawk GT 1963 project
    Last edited by Zahus; 12-28-2021, 10:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X