Hemmings Classic Cover Car Jan 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings Classic Cover Car Jan 2022

We are very pleased to post that our 51 Champion Business Coupe, Blu Baby, has been honored as the cover car for the latest issue of Hemmings Classic Car, along with a six page write up. The editors approached several of us at the Northeast Zone Meet in Rutland, VT this past August, can't say I ever imagined our Champion would end up on their cover. Just goes to show you need to turn out at club events, never know where your car may turn up. Our thanks to the folks at Hemmings, they were wonderful to work with and certainly came through with a nice article. Good coverage once again for the Studebaker community.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021 a.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1921610
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021_0004 a.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1921611 Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021_0002 a.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1921612 Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021_0003 a.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1921613 Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021_0007 a.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1921614 Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021 007.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1921615 Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmings classic car cover11232021_0006 a.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1921616

Nice & congrats! Got my issue & read it last week.

Comment

'Way cool, Mark; congratulations. 'Looking forward to seeing it. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Mark Klinger
        Mark Klinger commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bob, quite the surreal experience, seeing your car on the cover of a national magazine! It'd be nice to drive Blu to SB for the meet this May, we'll have to see if that works out for us.

Congrats Mark!
      And some say Chrysler invented "cab forward" design.
      Cheers,
      Bill

Comment

Just read the article. I was not aware that you sold your '57 Golden Hawk. Also a new 1957 Golden Hawk Owner but a 400?? Hope so. - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Just read the article. I was not aware that you sold your '57 Golden Hawk. Also a new 1957 Golden Hawk Owner but a 400?? Hope so. - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig
          Yes, it was with a heavy heart that we made the decision to mover her along to a more deserving owner, the original owners grandson. He has since restored the interior, that is restore the original leather, not replace as others have done, even had new carpet woven to match the original weave and color. And a complete repaint too, all something that wasn't happening if we still owned the Hawk. If I could have only proved the factory provenance it would still be in our garage, original paint and interior intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Klinger View Post
            If I could have only proved the factory provenance it would still be in our garage, original paint and interior intact.
            I suspect that one will forever remain a mystery.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X