Clear All

• Silverplate
    replied
    Great find and indeed welcome…Mike

Leave a comment:

• MarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Are you sure that grille/nose is not from a Scotsman model? Others here know these trucks better than I do. I have only owned three of that series. Welcome and good luck with it.
    Now that I've looked at the Scotsmans, that is defintley where the grill and fenders are from. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• MarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

It looks like it MAY have the H.D. Four Speed, Option, possibly a T-98 Borg Warner.
    Thanks for all the helpful info! Once the truck is delivered (found it while on vacay in Idaho), I'll climb under and get some numbers off the trans and see if I can figure out what it has.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Are you sure that grille/nose is not from a Scotsman model? Others here know these trucks better than I do. I have only owned three of that series. Welcome and good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Trim T-6050: not sure, but probably turquoise with grey cluster panel and glove box
    Paint P-5751: Turquoise with beige grille, bumper and wheels
    Cab serial has no significance. Since cabs were not pulled from stock in sequence, it was noted just to assist dealers in case of running changes, as documented in the parts book.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Mark!

Nice find!

The Truck is an E7: V8, 1/2 Ton, so it was originally a V8, many with Engine Changes were originally "170" c.id. Sixes or "245" c.i.d. Sixes.

The "C2' Cab is a Standard Cab, not "Deluxe".

On the Main I.D. tag on the Seat Riser, it has a "Model" Number E7-122 (or22) for 122 Inch Wheelbase, (Long Bed 8 Ft.)

It looks like it MAY have the H.D. Four Speed, Option, possibly a T-98 Borg Warner.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-03-2021, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MarkyMark
    started a topic 1957 Transtar

1957 Transtar

Brand new to the Studebaker world and loving it. We just picked up this 1957 Transtar 1/2 ton. If I've researched correctly, I believe it has a 289 from a '62 champ, was Turquoise from the factory, and has the grill/fenders from a '49-54. Struggled to decode the rest of the info on here, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated!

E7-9523
    Engine #: 7E244
    Model: 3E C2
    Cab No: 4117
    Trim No: T-6050
    PointNo: P-5751
Working...
X