Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsenecal
    replied
    Looks like that 55 will live out its life in comfort, AND very good company. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Starman61
    replied
    Hi Mike,
    I'm unsure as I took those photos when I picked up the car from the previous owner.
    However, the Stude now resides with some new friends at my place:
    1931 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
    1948 Jaguar MK IV Saloon
    1965 Mercedes 220SE Saloon
    1969 Jaguar E-type 2+2
    1969 MGB GT
    So plenty of company.
    Here are some pics.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Gorgeous Studebaker! What’s under the red car cover in the garage?…Mike

Leave a comment:

• Starman61
    replied
    Thanks, I'll do that when the new one arrives (and also to the one that still remains whole).

Leave a comment:

• Charlie D
    replied
    My experience was the center blade was lost within a week. SI sent me another one for just the shipping. The muffler guy spot welded the extension to the tail pipe. I checked it a few months later just before it was ready to fall off. I decided to pop rivet it to the tail pipe on the under side. I haven't had any more problems.
    Charlie D.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    We just repaired one of those Exhaust Extensions, the center "Blade" is very poorly fastened and needs to be tack Welded or they WILL fall out.
    My Son caught the one on a Customer's '56 Hawk BEFORE it got lost.

Leave a comment:

• Starman61
    replied
    Thanks - will do - I already ordered 1 tailpipe finisher as it's missing the divider.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Great looking President!
    I would defiantly get those Tail Pipes bent upward, and maybe a little shorter before you lose or destroy those Original Type AC-2701, $200.00 pair of Exhaust Extensions!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pimlico Speedster6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	1901143 Here's one tucked up a lot closer, so you can go up a Driveway Apron without dragging them.
    Also, if they are using the original "Screws" to fasten them, that they are Tight, Clamped, Spot Welded or whatever it takes to secure them.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-29-2021, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Sweeet! That should be a joy to drive. Have fun, and send more pics.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Amazing car, congratulations on your fine purchase!

Leave a comment:

• J_Cole
    replied
    Beautiful car!!! great choice and a great color scheme.

Leave a comment:

• Starman61
    started a topic 55 President Coupe

55 President Coupe

Just purchased this car, here in Australia, imported from the USA back in 2016.
    A few jobs to do on it to get it back up to speed but a solid car nevertheless.
    Here is the link when the car was sold in the USA, a few pics also attached of it today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRZG1mn0ZA
Working...
X