The Possum Smasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    That dash looks great Barry. You are doing a fine job on the car.
    Thanks for you and your brother's help in getting it to Indiana. It sure looks a lot different. I was able to use the original speedometer and oil pressure gauge. It took a lot of time to finish but was well worth it.

Comment

'Looking good, Barry; congratulations.

I, too, like the Speedster dash...was that one removed from your Dad's rusty '55 Speedster he ran at Newport Hill until it was too dangerous to do so? IIRC, he parted the car out...and the serial number plate and body tag have undoubtedly been reincarnated by now on a lesser '55 that magically become an authentic Speedster!

Yes, close-ups of your grille fabrication / arrangement would be appreciated; it looks like a good idea.

If you can get a close-up of the Possum Smasher graphic on the deck lid, I think everyone would enjoy seeing it.

Do I recognize the tailgate on which the Speedster dash is resting before installation?

'Hope you are doing well. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        'Looking good, Barry; congratulations.

I, too, like the Speedster dash...was that one removed from your Dad's rusty '55 Speedster he ran at Newport Hill until it was too dangerous to do so? IIRC, he parted the car out...and the serial number plate and body tag have undoubtedly been reincarnated by now on a lesser '55 that magically become an authentic Speedster!

Yes, close-ups of your grille fabrication / arrangement would be appreciated; it looks like a good idea.

If you can get a close-up of the Possum Smasher graphic on the deck lid, I think everyone would enjoy seeing it.

Do I recognize the tailgate on which the Speedster dash is resting before installation?

'Hope you are doing well. BP
        The dash was from Searcy, Arkansas. Delivered to the Studebaker Drags in July, 2020. It was very used. Paint and vinyl overlay was used to freshen it up. The overlay does not have that cheap prism look. Pretty convincing machine turned look to it.

I have been teasing some here on the forum with this picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_194629.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1899805
        Yes, you did recognize the tailgate of pickup. Thanks again for the hook-up.

I will dig up some photos of the grille fabrication. Looking back, I wish that more pics were taken during the build. It turned out better than I hoped for.

Comment

You have done a lot of good work, to bring back another Hot Rod (my kinda car), Congratulations !

Comment

Working...
          X