• Show
Clear All

• Silverplate
    replied
    Another welcome Lou! Keep us updated on your progress. Neat truck…Mike

Leave a comment:

• Lujo68
    replied
    Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement. Yes that is a 1974 Trans Am 455. Just a base model 455/Auto I was playing with but nothing special to speak of. Thank you all again

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Welcome Lou! It sounds like an ambitious project, but I am old.

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Joseph (Tootie) you must have a better Eye than most of us, there is No Pontiac in any of the 6 Pics, just an Ordinary 'Ol Firebird.
    Huh! That’s a Pontiac Trans Am in the second picture. Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Sounds like an interesting project. I have wondered how an M series pickup would fit on a later Studebaker V-8 frame.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by tootie View Post
    Hey Lou ??? what is the story on the Pontiac sitting in the background ??? Is that your Firebird also???
    Joseph (Tootie) you must have a better Eye than most of us, there is No Pontiac in any of the 6 Pics, just an Ordinary 'Ol Firebird.

Leave a comment:

• tootie
    replied
    Hey Lou ??? what is the story on the Pontiac sitting in the background ??? Is that your Firebird also???

Leave a comment:

• tootie
    replied
    Lou, Lou,Lou , welcome aboard !!! I too was bit by the Studebaker Bug and could not be happier that I was . Although I do not have any experience with your type of project let me assure you you have come to the right forum . Countless good folks have done me right to get my 1960 Lark 8 up and running on a budget . I wish you all the best and keep us informed of your progress. Joe

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    If you want to drive something different, you picked a good one. Good luck on your project.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    replied
    KQQL....keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• Lujo68
    started a topic Just want to say hello and introduce myself

Just want to say hello and introduce myself

Hi everyone. First and foremost I want to thank those who have answered and helped on my frame post. Next I want to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Lou and I am a car guy that mostly played with muscle cars and whom now had a second coming when this 1946 M5 said hello sitting on a rotted 1983 Wagoneer 4WD frame and powered by a Chrysler 360. One look and suddenly I am studying Studebaker now and find a need to save her. So I bought her for $1500 and picked up a 1950ish 2R Studebaker frame with a 289 Studebaker V8, bell housing, drive shaft and rear end for $1200 and so it begins. I had bought this truck under the assumption it was a 49 but thanks to guys with knowledge it turns out the guy gave me the wrong registration to his other Studebaker and now thinks he must of lost the one for this truck. No worries, going through the DMV to rectify the problem and cover my butt. That’s about it. I have a lot of years in resto work before slowing down with my work now and if you need anything I can help with I am here. PS this Studebaker is like learning all over again so forgive me in advance for any and all novice questions
Working...
X