Just want to say hello and introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to say hello and introduce myself

Hi everyone. First and foremost I want to thank those who have answered and helped on my frame post. Next I want to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Lou and I am a car guy that mostly played with muscle cars and whom now had a second coming when this 1946 M5 said hello sitting on a rotted 1983 Wagoneer 4WD frame and powered by a Chrysler 360. One look and suddenly I am studying Studebaker now and find a need to save her. So I bought her for $1500 and picked up a 1950ish 2R Studebaker frame with a 289 Studebaker V8, bell housing, drive shaft and rear end for $1200 and so it begins. I had bought this truck under the assumption it was a 49 but thanks to guys with knowledge it turns out the guy gave me the wrong registration to his other Studebaker and now thinks he must of lost the one for this truck. No worries, going through the DMV to rectify the problem and cover my butt. That’s about it. I have a lot of years in resto work before slowing down with my work now and if you need anything I can help with I am here. PS this Studebaker is like learning all over again so forgive me in advance for any and all novice questions

KQQL....keep us posted
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

If you want to drive something different, you picked a good one. Good luck on your project.

Comment

Lou, Lou,Lou , welcome aboard !!! I too was bit by the Studebaker Bug and could not be happier that I was . Although I do not have any experience with your type of project let me assure you you have come to the right forum . Countless good folks have done me right to get my 1960 Lark 8 up and running on a budget . I wish you all the best and keep us informed of your progress. Joe

Comment

Hey Lou ??? what is the story on the Pontiac sitting in the background ??? Is that your Firebird also???

Comment

Originally posted by tootie View Post
            Hey Lou ??? what is the story on the Pontiac sitting in the background ??? Is that your Firebird also???
            Joseph (Tootie) you must have a better Eye than most of us, there is No Pontiac in any of the 6 Pics, just an Ordinary 'Ol Firebird.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Sounds like an interesting project. I have wondered how an M series pickup would fit on a later Studebaker V-8 frame.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Joseph (Tootie) you must have a better Eye than most of us, there is No Pontiac in any of the 6 Pics, just an Ordinary 'Ol Firebird.
                Huh! That’s a Pontiac Trans Am in the second picture. Am I missing something?
                1963 Studebaker GT Hawk R1 63V-33867
                1964 Studebaker Avanti R1 R-5364
                1970 Avanti II RQA-0385
                1981 Avanti II RQB-3304

Comment

Welcome Lou! It sounds like an ambitious project, but I am old.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement. Yes that is a 1974 Trans Am 455. Just a base model 455/Auto I was playing with but nothing special to speak of. Thank you all again

Comment

Another welcome Lou! Keep us updated on your progress. Neat truck…Mike
                      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                      Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Working...
                      X