X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Baily
    replied
    Hello, Right now I'm working on my brothers 58 President Starlight hardtop. The more that I look at it the more I like it. I can't wait to get the right size whitewalls on it and get it driving dependably. It will be all the talk at local car shows.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    How "Old school"? Even the 1949 - 1951 Fords did not have round taillights and they sold well.
    ALL cars sold well in that era, including the independents.

The 1960 Fords weren't round, either, but quickly went back to round for 1961.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I don't know Matt, I think we did pretty good going about 42 Posts and 22 days before "losing it".

That's actually a lot better than most, for not going Off-Topic, but always "Related".

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    It would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the Studebaker I’m currently working on; to share updates as I go along.

Seems there is more interest in Fords and Chevys and debating on whether or not my car is considered ugly.

You guys are really something.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    The '58 Ford and especially the '58 Impala & Bel Air were some of the Best looking '58's.
    Too bad the Old school Ford Guys wouldn't buy one without ROUND Taillights though!
    How "Old school"? Even the 1949 - 1951 Fords did not have round taillights and they sold well.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The '58 Ford and especially the '58 Impala & Bel Air were some of the Best looking '58's.
    Too bad the Old school Ford Guys wouldn't buy one without ROUND Taillights though!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I owned a 1958 Ford Fairlane with the Country Club appearance package for many years. My FiL bought it new and I bought it from him in 1963. It was nice looking in black and white with the gold accent panels. Mechanically, it was a terrible car. I turned it in on a used 1961 Lark VIII Regal sedan, a great car.
    I also owned a red and white 1958 Packard Hardtop for nine years. I liked the look of the car, for the time, and mechanically it was great.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Exactly Craig, you wanna talk about UGLY!

Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Buick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	1897147 Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Buick2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	1897148 Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Merc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	1897149 Click image for larger version

Name:	1958 Olds2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1897150

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

I never hated the '58 Studebakers and Packards at any time; especially when compared to the 1958 offerings from GM and Ford.

Craig
    I never hated them; That's too strong a word. I would also agree that the '58 Studes are among the best looking American cars of 1958, although that isn't saying much. The 1958 Fords and Edsels were decent looking, but there was not much else in 1958 (especially from GM & Ford) that wasn't wretched excess.

1958 Chrysler products were decent looking, but were lousy cars (but that's another story).

What scares me is that I'm starting to like, and justify, the quad headlamps on the '58 Studes.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
    I've been a critic of the '58 Studebaker sedans all my life, but I'm starting to actually like them. Or, maybe it's early-onset dementia?! No, I'm sure that it's "like" not "nuts." Mbstude's '58 President has helped sway me in their favor. Very nice car.
    I never hated the '58 Studebakers and Packards at any time; especially when compared to the 1958 offerings from GM and Ford.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    I've been a critic of the '58 Studebaker sedans all my life, but I'm starting to actually like them. Or, maybe it's early-onset dementia?! No, I'm sure that it's "like" not "nuts." Mbstude's '58 President has helped sway me in their favor. Very nice car.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Looks REALLY Great Matt! Puts my Plain Ol' ugly BLACK one to shame!
    The Two tone on '58 Presidents always looks Great and better than Single.

One thing about Those "Spoked Type" Wheelcovers is, the Rim and it's Color are actually Covered, it is only the 1/8" Edge of the Rim of the Wheel that can be seen IF you look real close. So wheel Color with those unique Wheelcovers is a Non-Issue.

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    Ignore those nay saying troglodytes, it looks great. Love those tires.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    OMG! wrong color wheels....You RUINED it! You better give it to me to save it from further desecration!
    I’d consider parting it out, but since nobody is restoring ‘58 sedans, it’s probably best to just scrap it.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    OMG! wrong color wheels....You RUINED it! You better give it to me to save it from further desecration!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X