Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned a 1958 Ford Fairlane with the Country Club appearance package for many years. My FiL bought it new and I bought it from him in 1963. It was nice looking in black and white with the gold accent panels. Mechanically, it was a terrible car. I turned it in on a used 1961 Lark VIII Regal sedan, a great car.
    I also owned a red and white 1958 Packard Hardtop for nine years. I liked the look of the car, for the time, and mechanically it was great.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The '58 Ford and especially the '58 Impala & Bel Air were some of the Best looking '58's.
      Too bad the Old school Ford Guys wouldn't buy one without ROUND Taillights though!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        The '58 Ford and especially the '58 Impala & Bel Air were some of the Best looking '58's.
        Too bad the Old school Ford Guys wouldn't buy one without ROUND Taillights though!
        How "Old school"? Even the 1949 - 1951 Fords did not have round taillights and they sold well.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the Studebaker I’m currently working on; to share updates as I go along.

Seems there is more interest in Fords and Chevys and debating on whether or not my car is considered ugly.

You guys are really something.

Comment

I don't know Matt, I think we did pretty good going about 42 Posts and 22 days before "losing it".

That's actually a lot better than most, for not going Off-Topic, but always "Related".
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              How "Old school"? Even the 1949 - 1951 Fords did not have round taillights and they sold well.
              ALL cars sold well in that era, including the independents.

The 1960 Fords weren't round, either, but quickly went back to round for 1961.

Craig

Comment

Hello, Right now I'm working on my brothers 58 President Starlight hardtop. The more that I look at it the more I like it. I can't wait to get the right size whitewalls on it and get it driving dependably. It will be all the talk at local car shows.

Comment

Working...
                X