Comment

Originally posted by mw2013 View Post
      seats look clean to me

Click image for larger version

Name:	cop car.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1895003
      RQ did post some real '57 President police cars here: 1957 President 2 door aplenty - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

Comment

Painted a set of 15” wheels this morning. I had the local paint shop scan the color on the gas filler door and mix up a quart of urethane. Easy enough.

Name:	251B7321-2583-4FBA-9C03-D06B76F61EFB.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	1896764

Afterwards I put the car on the lift and installed a new exhaust system. First time I’ve looked underneath the car. Out of the 20+ Studebakers I’ve owned, this one is the most well preserved. I almost feel guilty about bringing it to a hot and humid climate.

Even the “secret serial number” is still visible.

Name:	41E49ADC-D469-4C8B-9D35-DBC270D25599.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1896765

Comment

some ppl are rattle can types, like me, some are concourse, looks great, lot's of work, what is the width?

Comment

I guess you would know Matt that '58 14" Wheels were Off-White, what we do not know is what did they do when someone ordered the Rarely ordered 15 Inch Wheels!
            Steal them from a Pile of White, Blue, Gray or Green Scotsman Body Color 15" Wheels?

Then of course, it's your President and you may not like White Wheels.

THEN there is the fact that this Car as found apparently HAD Gray Wheels, probably a re-Painted Car and Wheels or a Dealer or Owner re-painted set of wheels.

Name:	Grey _Wht Provincial.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1896801
            Last edited by StudeRich; 05-29-2021, 06:36 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wheels are 6” wide. The four on the car are new aftermarket. The one I’m using as a spare (in the photo above) is an NOS 15x6 Studebaker wheel, date stamped 1961. Studebaker never used 6” wheels on any production cars, so it’s either an experimental part or a production mistake. Either way, it looks as it should, yet matches the width of the ones on the car.

Rich.. I’m aware of what’s “correct”. I have the original wheels from the car, and they’re white.

But I like a bit of contrast when running wide whitewall tires. A white sidewall with a white wheel doesn’t look good to me.

New wheels, new wheel covers, and new Diamond Back Auburn Deluxe 7.10 radials (bias ply lookalikes).

Name:	54BBE5AF-91BA-4F17-968A-D81B87CB51C8.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	1896910

Click image for larger version  Name:	BC5395FC-96B9-46DA-B762-EF05BA3506EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	1896909
              Last edited by mbstude; 05-30-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Name:	B83C666B-9C57-4A46-8B32-4B109BD82D73.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1896947

Comment

OMG! wrong color wheels....You RUINED it! You better give it to me to save it from further desecration!
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                    OMG! wrong color wheels....You RUINED it! You better give it to me to save it from further desecration!
                    I’d consider parting it out, but since nobody is restoring ‘58 sedans, it’s probably best to just scrap it.

Comment

Ignore those nay saying troglodytes, it looks great. Love those tires.
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Looks REALLY Great Matt! Puts my Plain Ol' ugly BLACK one to shame!
                        The Two tone on '58 Presidents always looks Great and better than Single.

One thing about Those "Spoked Type" Wheelcovers is, the Rim and it's Color are actually Covered, it is only the 1/8" Edge of the Rim of the Wheel that can be seen IF you look real close. So wheel Color with those unique Wheelcovers is a Non-Issue.
                        StudeRich

Comment

I've been a critic of the '58 Studebaker sedans all my life, but I'm starting to actually like them. Or, maybe it's early-onset dementia?! No, I'm sure that it's "like" not "nuts." Mbstude's '58 President has helped sway me in their favor. Very nice car.
                          -Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
                            I've been a critic of the '58 Studebaker sedans all my life, but I'm starting to actually like them. Or, maybe it's early-onset dementia?! No, I'm sure that it's "like" not "nuts." Mbstude's '58 President has helped sway me in their favor. Very nice car.
                            I never hated the '58 Studebakers and Packards at any time; especially when compared to the 1958 offerings from GM and Ford.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

I never hated the '58 Studebakers and Packards at any time; especially when compared to the 1958 offerings from GM and Ford.

Craig
                              I never hated them; That's too strong a word. I would also agree that the '58 Studes are among the best looking American cars of 1958, although that isn't saying much. The 1958 Fords and Edsels were decent looking, but there was not much else in 1958 (especially from GM & Ford) that wasn't wretched excess.

1958 Chrysler products were decent looking, but were lousy cars (but that's another story).

What scares me is that I'm starting to like, and justify, the quad headlamps on the '58 Studes.
                              -Dwight

Comment

Exactly Craig, you wanna talk about UGLY!

Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Buick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	1897147 Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Buick2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	1897148 Click image for larger version  Name:	58 Merc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	1897149 Click image for larger version

Name:	1958 Olds2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1897150
                                StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                                X