1960 Champ Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Champ Truck

Like to share a few pictures of my 1960 Champ Truck, new to me...
    sigpic
    Jim

Wow! That is a really nice truck. I love the step side beds on Champs. Feel free to send more photos. I'd love to see the interior and engine bay.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Very nice truck!!

Comment

Nice Champ! I have a 1961 Champ I am restoring. Mine has the 8 ft. box. Would like to see more pictures if you have the time and inclination.

Comment

Very nice, I like it a lot!
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff S View Post
            Nice Champ! I have a 1961 Champ I am restoring. Mine has the 8 ft. box. Would like to see more pictures if you have the time and inclination.
            The truck has a 1957 289 and automatic transmission and installed a 3:54 rear end from Phil Harris. The seats and door panels were redone by Sure-Fit Auto Care center. Yesterday I had the Coker tires (6.50-16) and wheels balanced, they had not been balanced before. My tire man takes the wheels off the rim, then puts them back together for the best balance. Then spin balance them together, what a smooth ride!
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Jim

Comment

Very nice looking pickup.
              Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by jims53 View Post

/Cut/My tire man takes the wheels off the rim, then puts them back together for the best balance. Then spin balance them together, what a smooth ride!
                Are you saying He removes and re-positions the TIRES on the Wheels?

Otherwise, the Wheels would have to be Older Truck 3/4 or 1 Ton Wheels to be TWO piece, and this is a Half Ton, Short Bed that came with ONE Piece Wheels.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;n1892770]

Yes, he take the tires off the rims and repositions them, because they have tubes, he puts powder on the tubes, so he can so he can reposition the tire on the rim. He also trues the tire to make it round, some tires are not round. You lose some rubber, but in the long run it's worth it, the tires last longer, and you get a very good ride,

sigpic
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

When I got my very first job - still in High School, ca. '65 - it was at a Phillips 66 station. In the first week, they sent me to the main service station downtown, and made me sit through a couple films (!), and then go into the bay for oil change, chassis lube, lamp replacement &c.
                    Then tire change and balance lessons from a really ancient (to me, remember I was sixteen) fellow who taught me to do just that; mount the tire, spin it, and if it took over an ounce total, break it down and turn the tire on the rim, repeat as necessary. When I have access to the equipment, I do the same thing to this day.

Comment

Thank you for writing, looks like two of us do it that way!!!
                      Jim
                      sigpic
                      Jim

Comment

That’s a beautiful truck Jim. Phil Harris is a big help to a lot folks. Enjoy it...Mike
                        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                        Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

My biggest problem in the morning is trying to decide which vehicle to drive!!!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2340.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1896097 Click image for larger version

Views:	249
ID:	1896098 Click image for larger version

Views:	248
ID:	1896099
                          sigpic
                          Jim

Comment

That must drive the Neighbors Crazy, never knowing which one they'll see!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I installed some LED headlights on the red truck this morning, can't wait until it gets dark to try them out.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X