X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jehoover0153
    replied
    Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
    The North Star chapter has a Get The Cars Out event happening on May 15th. We'll be meeting at Peninsula Point (Two Rivers Park). 12 noon -3m 1460 Ferry Road, Anoka MN 55303. Bring a picnic lunch and folding chairs. We've rented the covered pavilion in the park and have access to the bathroom. If the weather is crappy and you don't want to drive the Studebaker, come in your Brand X. We'd all love to meet you!
    Thanks for the invite. I'll put it on the calendar and try to make it.

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    The North Star chapter has a Get The Cars Out event happening on May 15th. We'll be meeting at Peninsula Point (Two Rivers Park). 12 noon -3m 1460 Ferry Road, Anoka MN 55303. Bring a picnic lunch and folding chairs. We've rented the covered pavilion in the park and have access to the bathroom. If the weather is crappy and you don't want to drive the Studebaker, come in your Brand X. We'd all love to meet you!

Leave a comment:

• DTHolder
    replied
    I just assumed everyone knew that is what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    Originally posted by DTHolder View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find everyone here friendly and knowledgeable.
    Great looking car...
    Perhaps “knowledgeable and opinionated while trying to be friendly” might be more accurate .

Welcome to the Forum, Jim. Great Studebaker you have there.

Leave a comment:

• DTHolder
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find everyone here friendly and knowledgeable.
    Great looking car...

Leave a comment:

• 64V19816
    replied
    There are guys willing to give you piles of old Turning Wheels magazines, you should get them.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by abkco View Post
    Are those plaid inserts stock? It is a beautiful car.
    The cloth inserts standard in '62 were not plaid - they were the same color as the vinyl. I believe only the vinyl inserts could be optioned in another color (white). '62 interiors are famous for not holding up very well - especially the vinyl inserts. Photo is factory of a '62 Daytona with cloth inserts.

Great looking car. Grandparents had a '62 Lark and my first Studebaker was another '62 Lark - good cars. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    jehoover0153 , beautiful ride! When I was in my 20s, there was an older couple in my hometown of Oceanside, California, that had a car identical to this - same year, model, color. I remember that the lady, then in her late '60s, had an intricately woven white beehive hairdo that must have been heavily sprayed with Aqua Net, because I'd see them driving around with the top down and that hair never moved

Enjoy your car!

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. You should really enjoy that sharp car.

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    Score! What a nice looking convertible. That will be fun.
    As a new Studebaker owner, take advantage of membership in the Studebaker Drivers Club. You should also be able to find a local chapter to join. You'll meet some wonderful folks. Start you subscription to Turning Wheels Magazine for great reading and lots of Studebaker content.
    And, as you may have already discovered, there is lots of information and camaraderie to be found here on the Forum. When you get your Lark be sure to take lots of photos and post them here. We love photos.
    Welcome to Studebaker world. Enjoy the ride.
    Totally agree with Ed. A big welcome to Studebaker ownership. Welcome aboard...Mike

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    You might find more photos of your car on the local Studebaker club's chapter website: North Star Studebakers

Leave a comment:

• jehoover0153
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    Welcome to the forum, fellow Minnesotan! I believe that fine car belonged to the current President of the North Star chapter of the Studebaker Club, Maynard Lemke. I've seen it a few times and probably have a photo or two of it some where. Enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5292.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1887778
    We bought it from Ellingson's in Rogers, MN. Don't know the previous owners name.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jehoover0153
    replied
    Originally posted by abkco View Post
    I was told it's the original interior. I know it's in perfect condition, no rips or stains.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    What a beautiful car in such a perfectly distinctive color for the model year. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X