New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hi! Just wanted to say hello! My wife and I will be picking up our 1962 Lark Daytona on Friday and we're pretty excited to own our first classic car. We think she's a beauty.

Jim and Joan

Welcome very nice the two of you should have a great time driving that beauty.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum! That is a nice looking 1962.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Score! What a nice looking convertible. That will be fun.
        As a new Studebaker owner, take advantage of membership in the Studebaker Drivers Club. You should also be able to find a local chapter to join. You'll meet some wonderful folks. Start you subscription to Turning Wheels Magazine for great reading and lots of Studebaker content.
        And, as you may have already discovered, there is lots of information and camaraderie to be found here on the Forum. When you get your Lark be sure to take lots of photos and post them here. We love photos.
        Welcome to Studebaker world. Enjoy the ride.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Looking forward to learning a lot from your experiences.

Jim

Comment

LOVE that color!

Welcome aboard.
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

….Please post too in General Studebaker, as you can see that has the most views.... we want to see you!!! Welcome again, I grew up in a Lark! Don't worry here about picking the right "forum" Tech, General, Rides etc. we are a good group and you can't go wrong!!! After all you own a Studebaker, smart move
              Last edited by jg61hawk; 03-30-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, fellow Minnesotan! I believe that fine car belonged to the current President of the North Star chapter of the Studebaker Club, Maynard Lemke. I've seen it a few times and probably have a photo or two of it some where. Enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5292.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1887778
                Last edited by Milaca; 03-30-2021, 07:53 PM. Reason: I found a photo from 2016!
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Are those plaid inserts stock? It is a beautiful car.

Comment

What a beautiful car in such a perfectly distinctive color for the model year. Enjoy!
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by abkco View Post
                      Are those plaid inserts stock? It is a beautiful car.
                      I was told it's the original interior. I know it's in perfect condition, no rips or stains.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        Welcome to the forum, fellow Minnesotan! I believe that fine car belonged to the current President of the North Star chapter of the Studebaker Club, Maynard Lemke. I've seen it a few times and probably have a photo or two of it some where. Enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5292.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1887778
                        We bought it from Ellingson's in Rogers, MN. Don't know the previous owners name.

Jim

Comment

You might find more photos of your car on the local Studebaker club's chapter website: North Star Studebakers
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                            Score! What a nice looking convertible. That will be fun.
                            As a new Studebaker owner, take advantage of membership in the Studebaker Drivers Club. You should also be able to find a local chapter to join. You'll meet some wonderful folks. Start you subscription to Turning Wheels Magazine for great reading and lots of Studebaker content.
                            And, as you may have already discovered, there is lots of information and camaraderie to be found here on the Forum. When you get your Lark be sure to take lots of photos and post them here. We love photos.
                            Welcome to Studebaker world. Enjoy the ride.
                            Totally agree with Ed. A big welcome to Studebaker ownership. Welcome aboard...Mike
                            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You should really enjoy that sharp car.
                              "In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X