Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1inxs
    replied
    I took the 64 out for a little 15 mile ride today. You can see the smoke coming off of the left rear brake. Beautiful weather! Afterwords I put it back up on the rack to make a minor adjustment to the rear brakes. Another ride tomorrow in preparation for a Saturday car show. Click image for larger version

Name:	2709AF5A-B8B0-41B5-9D85-3E8CD6ADCCCD.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1888938

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    replied
    Originally posted by nels View Post
    Looks nice. How many miles on it?
    Thank you! It has just over 50k miles.

Leave a comment:

• nels
    replied
    Looks nice. How many miles on it?

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Originally posted by 1inxs View Post
    Yeah, it’s the original. Can the compressors not be rebuilt at the point they fail to keep originality? I picked up a bunch of R12 and keep it on hand, but am getting low.
    Too bad I did not know you this past summer.........I had 6 cases of R12 that I sold off. I wanted a brand new not rebuild compressor....and they are still being made thankfully! Go through the messages and you will see the thread.

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    replied
    Yeah, it’s the original. Can the compressors not be rebuilt at the point they fail to keep originality? I picked up a bunch of R12 and keep it on hand, but am getting low.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    It looks like the original A/C compressor! If so, that is amazing!........my '64 is on her 4th compressor including the one from the factory. I am happy I kept the system with R12.

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    replied
    Mike,
    Your Avanti looks pretty good from what I can see!

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    Sort of partial to Avanti’s, very pretty car.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    I don't have any pix suitable for showing. Mine (R5407) and the other one around here (R5527) both are their original colors and interiors. Mine came as an R1, 4-spd, PS, TT, PB AM radio, WS washer, sun bands, front seat belts, and WW nylon 500 tires.

The other one, R5527, is a highly optioned R1, AT, AC, with about all the options available in 1964.

In my observation Gray is one of the rarer Avanti colors, along with black, and the Claret is a '64-only interior color, so that narrows down the number of Gray/Claret Avantis considerably. It is a perfectly natural and pretty combination--just ask any woman with a sense of style (which would be just about all of them).
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    replied
    Dwight, It is Avanti Grey with Claret Red Interior. Do you have pictures of your 64 Avanti? I really like the color combination and I understand there were only 21 built with this combination.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Nice car. Do I see a Claret Red interior? My '64 is also Avanti Gray with Claret Red interior (R5407). And, there is a Gray/Claret '64 Avanti in our local chapter. Nice combination.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• tanda62
    replied
    Really nice looking. I hope my 63 will look as nice when I finish the restoration.

Leave a comment:

• 1inxs
    started a topic My 1964 Studebaker Avanti R1

My 1964 Studebaker Avanti R1

I thought I’d share some pictures of my 1964 Avanti R1. 50K miles. All original except I replaced the carpet.
Working...
X