Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I been in tech forum asking q's for a few weeks but I want to show my new Blk Lark 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been in tech forum asking q's for a few weeks but I want to show my new Blk Lark 60

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_82637.jpg Views:	4 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	1866863 New black 7" rims and 205x75x15 tires just white walls flipped, bumper guard delete, hub cap delete, more masculine look fully reversible back to stock Click image for larger version  Name:	20201123_131708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	1866864Click image for larger version  Name:	20201123_111942.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	1866865Click image for larger version  Name:	my stude 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	1866866Click image for larger version  Name:	mystude9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	1866867
    Last edited by mw2013; 11-23-2020, 09:10 PM.

Great car. Amazing how Dr. Jekyll + Mr. Hyde that car is with that simple wheel swap.
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Great! No cheap bling or glamor. Just quiet elegance with a touch of "don't mess with me," confidence look. Treat it well and you should have a ride to enjoy for decades to come.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I like the look but I'm also pretty impressed with it's red friend. Nice collection.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
            Great car. Amazing how Dr. Jekyll + Mr. Hyde that car is with that simple wheel swap.
            Agreed!
            Great looking car!
            DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
            1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Nice ride, I would like to see less of the red one and more of the one in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by jetboat View Post
                Nice ride, I would like to see less of the red one and more of the one in the garage
                it was the seller's area, with the other rides, I only have this classic car

Comment

The Lark looks good. What does "I been in Tech..." mean?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    The Lark looks good. What does "I been in Tech..." mean?
                    tech forum asking all kinds of tech related questions, before my intro here

Comment

Originally posted by mw2013 View Post

tech forum asking all kinds of tech related questions, before my intro here
                      Thank you. I was thinking that you were attending some sort of technical school.
                      I, and many others, simply use the "What's New" button and do not look at what section of the Forum the posting is on.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        Great! No cheap bling or glamor. Just quiet elegance with a touch of "don't mess with me," confidence look. Treat it well and you should have a ride to enjoy for decades to come.
                        first stude, built like a tank, nothing is lightweight

Comment

You might put some bolts in the holes where the front bumper guards came off. That will strengthen the bumper as I am assuming that there are bumper brackets behind those holes.

Also the bumper guards that are still on the car are for a later Lark type Studebaker, for whatever that is worth.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                            You might put some bolts in the holes where the front bumper guards came off. That will strengthen the bumper as I am assuming that there are bumper brackets behind those holes.

Also the bumper guards that are still on the car are for a later Lark type Studebaker, for whatever that is worth.
                            where to buy bolts, can't find them, not a top priority, and the guards fit perfect, and you say they are for later models?

Comment

The bumper guards are for (I believe) 1962-66 Larks & Lark-types. To me, they are a lot better looking than the bulky ones used on 1959-61 Larks. But, I don't use bumper guards either -- I like the bumpers better without them. You are left with round holes in the bumper where the bumper guards were. The chrome (actually stainless steel capped) bumper bolts correct for your bumper are oval (ok, racetrack shaped), and they have a square shank to keep them from turning when you tighten them. Those round holes will have to be made square for the bolts to go in (using a square drill bit). I have the same issue right now with my 64 Hawk and am not looking forward to all that filing (or whatever).
                              --Dwight

Comment

Working...
                              X