Cool old fender covers for The Saturday Night Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool old fender covers for The Saturday Night Special

I have one old Snap on fender cover and one of the old Avanti fender covers i was planning to use on the Saturday Night Special at shows and cruise in's. Then I bought a repop one from the museum. The new one was not as nice as the old ones, so i didn't order the second one. However I have since scored a pair of old ones that are cool..
    Does anybody here one the forum know anything about this business these came from ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1148.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1866594

Ask Joe Biden, he is from Scranton .

I use a pair of heavy weight STP fender covers that I bought when a Richard Petty Plymouth show car (STP sponsor) was on display in the area.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I won a pair of Holley fender covers from some raffle tickets Linda Vaughn gave me at a grand opening in the late 70's.

Comment

Three things I love about your photo.
        1)+2) Quotation marks around the words "First" and "It"
        3) That incredibly deep shine. The Saturday Night Special got a whole lot more special!

If mine were so nice, I'd be in the search for a hood topper, roof topper, door topper, etc... to go with those fender toppers!
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
          Three things I love about your photo.
          1)+2) Quotation marks around the words "First" and "It"
          3) That incredibly deep shine. The Saturday Night Special got a whole lot more special!

If mine were so nice, I'd be in the search for a hood topper, roof topper, door topper, etc... to go with those fender toppers!
          I liked the wording on the old cover too. And thanks for the kind words. The SNS is not all that nice , (gonna have to repaint the hood) but it's nice enough to make me happy.

Comment

Working...
          X