1957 Packard Country Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Packard Country Sedan

My 57 Packard wagon coming together finally after ten years!
    Attached Files
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Very Nice! Are all the Mechanical's finished?

That one is a H.D. Flight-O-Matic right?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, motor rebuilt, super charger rebuilt, Flightomatic rebuilt with new torque converter. Brakes done, new driveshaft and universal joints. I went over the differential and all looked and sounded good.
      working on the door panels now.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Love it! Yellow is my favorite color.

Would a picture of the dashboard be possible, please? I am curious about the type of radio in it. My thinking is that most 57 Packards have the Wonderbar radio with the silver electric pushbuttons.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Congrats Bill! I was hoping to bring mine to fruition this winter with the numbers matching supercharged motor install. Alas covid struck and with the borders closed I can't get to my car this year.
          Bill
          PS: It's been about ten years for me too.
          ​​​​​​​PPS: Roy, if my memory serves me correctly, your radio description sound like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
            Love it! Yellow is my favorite color.

Would a picture of the dashboard be possible, please? I am curious about the type of radio in it. My thinking is that most 57 Packards have the Wonderbar radio with the silver electric pushbuttons.
            My brother has a '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan with the chrome-button Wonderbar radio, and a '58 Packard 4-dr with the plastic-button Wonderbar radio.
            --Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post

My brother has a '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan with the chrome-button Wonderbar radio, and a '58 Packard 4-dr with the plastic-button Wonderbar radio.
              --Dwight
              Thank you. That's the combination I was thinking of, and that corresponds to the few I have seen. I just wanted more data points.
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 10-11-2020, 04:07 PM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

Hi Roy, I don’t have the radio installed as of this date. But it is a Delco Wonderbar with the steel selection buttons. I’ll get a photo of it for you.
                Hi Bill, your car looks wonderful! My car has - had the copper & White left front fender, hood, and drivers door from a donner car. Sorry that the border is closed, hopefully the US government will get this mess straightened out soon. My family has a cottage on PEI and were unable to use it this year. Your car will wait for you.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Radio photo.
                  Attached Files

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Hi Roy, I have two other Delco Wonderbar radios left over if you need any parts. One is from a 1956 Cadillac the other is from another 1957 Packard. The Cadillac radio isn’t working but I believe the Packard radio still works.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                      Radio photo.
                      Thank you. That is the one with electric push buttons, very similar to the GM Wonderbar radios of the day. The little door opens and you set the pointers to the station desired, push the button and the radio sweeps to that spot and stops. Pretty cool, but not the easiest radio to fix. Or maybe I am just a wimp.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Hi Roy, I have two other Delco Wonderbar radios left over if you need any parts. One is from a 1956 Cadillac the other is from another 1957 Packard. The Cadillac radio isn’t working but I believe the Packard radio still works.
                        My email is in my profile. If you send me an email, we can talk about it. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Bill, picture of doner car for body parts. Top of door had to be changed to fit station wagon body.
                          Attached Files

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Sorry, that Photo must be the wrong format or Size to see it. Tiny, and gets Smaller!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The wagon is beautiful! After 10 years of work, it must be nice to see the finish line.
                              Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X