Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with Lark

Hello All!
    I just picked up a 60 Lark on Monday and thought I should introduce myself. This forum of the site looked like a good place.
    So here it is:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200914_184849.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1856876

Name:	20200914_191545.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1856877

Name:	20200914_191701.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1856878

Name:	20200914_191557.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1856879
    It's got about 10 years on a full restoration from what I know. I got it off Craigslist from a guy just a few miles away from me.
    I sold my project 41 Ford Tudor a couple weeks ago and was looking for something nicer. This Lark just showed up and was the perfect fit.
    It's got the 259 V8 with the automatic. It drives very nice. The brakes could use some adjustment, but they still work well.
    Here's an interesting story:
    I was doing a little research online before I bought the car. I Googled some interior images and saw a series of restoration pictures. I went to the site and was able to get a better idea of what to look for. Then I saw the front of the car and the license plate. This was the same car that I was going to buy. This guy restored it well before 2010, sold it to a friend who drove it for a while and sold it to someone else. I bought it from that guy.
    Here is the link to the restoration:
    http://www.my-pos.org/category/1960-studebaker-lark/
    So to wrap it up, I am excited to cruise around in this. I don't have any major plans yet for it. Future plans would be a disc brake conversion, and converting from the generator to an alternator. But that is really about it.
    Joe

I just realized that I introduced the car and not myself.
    My name is Joe, I live in Brea California. I have been into older cars since I was a kid. I am a tinker not a builder. My step dad had a 55 Studebaker truck that he got back in 85 or so. He still has it. My mom at one point had a 50 bullet nose sedan. So I do know some about the Studebakers. I have gone thru many makes of cars, but mostly Fords. This will be my first Studebaker.

Comment

Hey Joe , welcome ! Nice looking Lark. You will find, as I did, that there is a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Bruce Sr.

Comment

Welcome and nice looking Stude you got there
        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Welcome Joe, nice ride!
          DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
          1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was excited to find a car for a good price that I know was restored at some point. This will be a first to have a car I don't have to work on to drive it.

Comment

Welcome to the place! Glad to have you here!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Joe, you owning that Lark must have been meant to be. Nice car.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJOJOJO78 View Post
                  Here is the link to the restoration:
                  http://www.my-pos.org/category/1960-studebaker-lark/
                  Nice car - you will have fun with this!

Checked out the restoration pics..........noticed that the Champ grille shown in those pics has been replaced by the factory mesh. Did you swap out the grille, or was the factory mesh in the car when you bought it?
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

Nice car - you will have fun with this!

Checked out the restoration pics..........noticed that the Champ grille shown in those pics has been replaced by the factory mesh. Did you swap out the grille, or was the factory mesh in the car when you bought it?
                    That grill was there when I bought it. I actually like the way the Champ grill looks, but I would rather spend my money elsewhere right now.

Comment

Joe, enjoy your Lark! They’re fun cars to drive & you’ll get plenty of looks/thumbs up!

Comment

Hello Joe. Congrats on finding a very nice car! Welcome to the Forum and to the world of Studebaker. It's a great place to be!
                        Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Very nice Lark Joe! Don't let anyone tell you it's a just 2 Speed Automatic like a Gutless Powerglide!
                          These Borg Warner Flight-O-Matics can REALLY get going when you want them to, that is what Low is for!

Winding it up in Low and shifting to (D) will put it in 2nd. and winding it above 30 MPH and pulling it back into Low will not shift to Low, but hold 2nd. as far as you want to go before going to High.
                          Before long it will up to 100, so I don't recommend doing that in a 35 Zone!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                          X