'58 Dressup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '58 Dressup

Scored a long time goal of a '58 President Starlight a few months ago and through this forum was assisted by Dino Ziegler to obtain the accessory fake spare tire cover--a flashy accessory for a flashy car. Out of place on a Scotsman but pretty much at home here. Wide whites and suitable wheelcovers are on their way...

I think it looks great Ross!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Nice touch painting it to match the Trim Shadowtone Red, they would normally be painted the Main Body Color, Jewel Beige.

If it was mine, I would be totally "on the fence" as to if I prefer it Stock or not.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Nice touch painting it to match the Trim Shadowtone Red, they would normally be painted the Main Body Color, Jewel Beige.

If it was mine, I would be totally "on the fence" as to if I prefer it Stock or not
        Being a dealer installed accessory, I wonder if there is a 'right' and 'wrong' over paint configuration. Do the installation instructions, or the dealer one-page counter-top parts catalog insert for it give advice on how to paint it? I've never seen the insert, or the installation instructions for that cover.

Craig

Comment

The '58 accessory brochure shows two photos-- one on a Hawk, one on a sedan-- both are painted to contrast the body.

Comment

It sure looks better on your car than it did on my Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X