My new Stude!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Stude!

Purchased this 63 Lark Daytona last weekend (upgraded from a Nash Metropolitan) and so far am very pleased. The OHV6 has about twice the HP of the Metro and the OD lets it cruise easily at highway speeds. This Daytona also has Studebaker A/C and my next project is to get that working (fan works and compressor engages, hope it just needs refrigerant).

Nice car.

Comment

The 1963 Daytona is my favorite Lark-type Studebaker. Very nice!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Andy - Welcome to the SDC Forum. You can get your questions answered here. Oh, and more photos please. We love photos.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nice score! A/c and overdrive! I wouldnt know how to act

Im sure the a/c is an easy fix
          Last edited by what huh; 08-20-2020, 01:49 PM.
          Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Have fun with that car. Had a 62 Hardtop equipped with the six and overdrive. No A/C but that would have been nice. Fun light easy to drive and I taught my 16 yo daughter the finer points of manual transmission driving.

Glad you have the dash covered!

Bob Miles

Comment

Nice, curious what a person might’ve paid for it?

Comment

I was lucky enough to buy a 1963 Lark 6 cyl, standard with over drive and air conditioning a few years ago. Drove it home almost 900 miles without a hiccup and love driving it almost every week now. Great car on the highway, good gas mileage, and so easy to work on. My car had been lovingly taken care of for all its life and I am trying to live up to that standard with it now. You got a great car and please post more pictures.

Comment

Great color! Interior looks clean. Here’s to years of fun Studebakering!

Comment

Put a couple cans of 134a in the system yesterday (someone had converted it from R12 a long time ago) and she's now blowing cold air.
                    While I was working on it, I noticed that there was an aluminum tag on the compressor that says "Studebaker Air Conditioner" Charge with 3# Refrigerant, Studebaker Corp, South Bend, IN, so this is definitely an original system. (or at least the tag is)

Comment

Does anyone know if the Daytona models only came with bucket seats & console (like mine has)? I saw another 63 Daytona for sale recently and it had a bench seat - also 6 cyl 3spd with overdrive.

Comment

Bucket seats were an option, as was most everything else. The “Daytona” was simply a trim package on a select few body styles.

A local friend has 2 ‘63 Daytona HT’s. One with a 6 cylinder automatic, the other with a supercharged R2 with 4 speed and the full “Super Lark” package. Two of the same model with vastly different options.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          Bucket seats were an option, as was most everything else. The “Daytona” was simply a trim package on a select few body styles.

A local friend has 2 ‘63 Daytona HT’s. One with a 6 cylinder automatic, the other with a supercharged R2 with 4 speed and the full “Super Lark” package. Two of the same model with vastly different options.
                          I hate to disagree with Matt, but I will. For 1963, Daytona was a model line, not "...simply a trim package..." 1963 Daytonas came in hardtop, convertible and Wagonaire body styles. The Lark models for 1963 were Regal, Custom and Daytona. I have owned a 1963 Daytona Skytop hardtop and a 1963 Daytona Wagonaire. Even my Wagonaire had optional bucket seats.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X